Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Mar 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile 1 CS (QSDP) at resorts?

Can I ask amongst the people that have tried a lot of the CS places in and around the resorts - if you had to name the top 2 CS places to grab a meal from in each of MK,AK,HS and Epcot which they would be?
(I know it’s a matter of opinion to a certain extent, but there always seems to be more popular ones)
My reason for asking really is that I’d like to have them to hand as opposed to what we’ve done before, which is get to starving mode and go to whatever is next to us and not bother looking, which also meant we ended up 3/4 times at the same spot without trying anything else
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can’t book QS other than Be Our Guest anyway. We just tend to think about what’s nearby when we’re hungry. If we’re not starving and we fancy something else we’ll cross the park to get to where we like. I honestly don’t think I have favourites as it just depends what kind of food we fancy.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Satu'li Canteen in AK is brilliant, very different to other QS food wise and excellent value. Probably my top QS out of all the parks.

Pecos Bills is our fave in MK, the toppings bar is great and we always enjoy the food here (although I do like Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest lunch is a family favourite too).

For Epcot I like Cantina San Angel and actually the fish & chips in the UK is pretty good if you're craving a taste of home! Also Sunshine Seasons for breakfast gets an honourable mention, I don't love lunch there though but I know others do.

HS we struggle for good QS, ABC commissary is probably the one we go for but I'm definitely looking forward to some new options!

For Disney Springs you can't beat Wolfgang Puck Express, it's amazing it's only a QS credit! I haven't managed a trip to Blaze yet but I've heard good things.

kellsbells is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Just our opinion, but here goes :-

Magic Kingdom - Casey's (hot dogs and corn dog nuggets, nom!), and Columbia Harbour House (bit more choice than just burgers & fries).

Epcot - Electric Umbrella (they vary up the menu every 6 months or so, but always seem to have something different there), and Sunshine Seasons (lots of choice, again very different to normal theme park food). However, the Liberty Inn in the American Adventure is starting to look attractive, we may try this for the first time this year as their menu looks interesting. In addition, the fish & chip place near the Rose & Crown in the UK surprised me last year, we normally avoid fish & chips when in the USA as we can get it here, but we were with friends and they wanted them, so we compromised and had some too - they were amazing!

Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti takeaway (have the most fabulous honey chicken and rice dish that we love), and I can't think of a second place there that we must go to.

Hollywood Studios - definitely the Backlot Express (back to burgers or chicken nuggets, but we love the theming of this place plus I have had chicken & waffles there (Star Wars themed!) and they were amazing), and the ABC Commissary at a push, not overly exciting but decent food.

Hope this helps!
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

For Disney Springs, Earl of Sandwich, Cookes of Dublin... Blaze and Polite pig get good reviews, so I'll be trying them this August.

MK - Casey's Corner, simply because it's pure Americana, love it.

Epcot - favourite is Katsura Grill in World Showcase/Japan, though from the above, I may give the chips a go in the UK!

HS - no recommendations; I used to like the pizza place, but it was closed on our last two visits.

AK - no idea, sorry!
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Flame tree bbq at AK is very good and the Moroccan place at Epcot is great
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Satu'li Canteen in AK is brilliant, very different to other QS food wise and excellent value. Probably my top QS out of all the parks.

Pecos Bills is our fave in MK, the toppings bar is great and we always enjoy the food here (although I do like Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest lunch is a family favourite too).

For Epcot I like Cantina San Angel and actually the fish & chips in the UK is pretty good if you're craving a taste of home! Also Sunshine Seasons for breakfast gets an honourable mention, I don't love lunch there though but I know others do.

HS we struggle for good QS, ABC commissary is probably the one we go for but I'm definitely looking forward to some new options!

For Disney Springs you can't beat Wolfgang Puck Express, it's amazing it's only a QS credit! I haven't managed a trip to Blaze yet but I've heard good things.
Thank you

It’s Peco Bills we ate at about 3/4 times in MK🤣 so I guess we’ll still definitely go there then

Also I’d heard the fish and chips at Epcot were good but I banned them as we can’t miss them that much for the sake of a few weeks - I was trying to encourage everyone to try new things we don’t have at home!

Definitely going to Wolfgang Pucks then as I’ve not heard 1 person say it is not really good

Edited at 02:35 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Just our opinion, but here goes :-

Magic Kingdom - Casey's (hot dogs and corn dog nuggets, nom!), and Columbia Harbour House (bit more choice than just burgers & fries).

Epcot - Electric Umbrella (they vary up the menu every 6 months or so, but always seem to have something different there), and Sunshine Seasons (lots of choice, again very different to normal theme park food). However, the Liberty Inn in the American Adventure is starting to look attractive, we may try this for the first time this year as their menu looks interesting. In addition, the fish & chip place near the Rose & Crown in the UK surprised me last year, we normally avoid fish & chips when in the USA as we can get it here, but we were with friends and they wanted them, so we compromised and had some too - they were amazing!

Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti takeaway (have the most fabulous honey chicken and rice dish that we love), and I can't think of a second place there that we must go to.

Hollywood Studios - definitely the Backlot Express (back to burgers or chicken nuggets, but we love the theming of this place plus I have had chicken & waffles there (Star Wars themed!) and they were amazing), and the ABC Commissary at a push, not overly exciting but decent food.

Hope this helps!
It does, very much thank you!

Yak and Yeti at AK as again seems to be the one not to miss

I’ve realised its actually HS strangely that I’m not as aware of
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
Thank you

It’s Peco Bills we ate at about 3/4 times in MK🤣 so I guess we’ll still definitely go there then

Also I’d heard the fish and chips at Epcot were good but I banned them as we can’t miss them that much for the sake of a few weeks - I was trying to encourage everyone to try new things we don’t have at home!

Definitely going to Wolfgang Pucks then as I’ve not heard 1 person say it is not really good
We only went for fish and chips one year as my nan really fancied them, I would never normally choose it on holiday but they really were good!

If I could only pick one new one to try it would be satu'li canteen, me and my sister still regularly talk about the food there and cant wait to go back!

When it's just me and my sister we often share a QS meal, partly as the portions are so big but partly so we have room in our bellies to try more places

kellsbells is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
For Disney Springs, Earl of Sandwich, Cookes of Dublin... Blaze and Polite pig get good reviews, so I'll be trying them this August.

MK - Casey's Corner, simply because it's pure Americana, love it

Epcot - favourite is Katsura Grill in World Showcase/Japan, though from the above, I may give the chips a go in the UK!

HS - no recommendations; I used to like the pizza place, but it was closed on our last two visits.

AK - no idea, sorry!
Seems to be at DS there’s most options then and we will be spoilt for choice - we could probably eat there every day and still not try all the good stuff