Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Aug 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Uncle paul View Post
Oh brilliant question! So glad you’ve asked. We are also 1st time QSDPers, and I’ve spent many head scratching hours over this.
We really are overthinking all of this. Aren’t we? 😳
Yes you are It does seem daunting, but falls in to place really easily. If children can use it, then adults definitely can

It might help you to read some food reports too. I wrote a QS one last year that shows photos of everything we bought, what credits we used, what swaps we made (like swapping drinks for snack items at resort food courts and using your refillable mugs for drinks) etc. It also shows the range of food available on the qsdp. Here's the link:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Really, a large tub Haggen Dazs for a snack credit!
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Apricota View Post
Really, a large tub Haggen Dazs for a snack credit!
I remember it being a joy to find the big bottles of water in the resort shops qualified too!
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Loads of useful info, I too was wondering how it works as a first timer. Just one extra question that I dont think has been answered. At a TS restaurant, using credits, do you have to wait for the bill or can you just leave when you are finished (obviously leaving the tip before you do, as I will be tipping cash). I don’t see any reason to ask for the bill if the meal is already paid for.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greeny1968 View Post
At a TS restaurant, using credits, do you have to wait for the bill or can you just leave when you are finished (obviously leaving the tip before you do, as I will be tipping cash). I don’t see any reason to ask for the bill if the meal is already paid for.
I don't know what would happen if you just walked out - I guess if they didn't chase after you then they'd charge the meal to your dining plan - although I don't like the idea of just leaving cash on the table.

In practice you'll usually be given the bill before you're finished anyway - they're keen, sometimes too keen, to keep people moving through the restaurants - and they'll want to scan the band again.

It's always (as I mentioned earlier) worth checking the receipt to make sure the remaining credit total is as you'd expect it to be.

Edited at 01:26 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one overthinking! Haha. Great response from everyone. Helps give me an understanding of it all. Thanks!

Jojo
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loads of useful info, I too was wondering how it works as a first timer. Just one extra question that I dont think has been answered. At a TS restaurant, using credits, do you have to wait for the bill or can you just leave when you are finished (obviously leaving the tip before you do, as I will be tipping cash). I don’t see any reason to ask for the bill if the meal is already paid for.
You need to sign the check but once you’ve done that you can leave. Presumably if you walked out after scanning your band they’d just take the credits anyway but they could essentially take anything. The check is partly for you to confirm they’re taking the correct amount of credits.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
naomi
slightly serious Dibber

As others have said you need to sign the check, its best to check it aswell just to make sure, plus i always write cash in the tip bit if tiping cash just to ensure they dont charge the tip to the room. we've always found they just automatically bring the check as we are coming to the end of our meal without needing to ask for it (no waiting around like you usually need to do here)

naomi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
burbs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jojo82 View Post
This might sound daft. But I’m wondering what you say to the cashier when you are on the dining plan? So at QS Do you place your order then tell them you’ve got the dining plan or vice versa? Do u have to explain how you want to use your credits. Do they help you figure out the best way to use snacks etc? Also at TS do u tell them once your seated?

I’m overthinking aren’t I? 😳😂.

Jojo
Hi, we are here now on the QSDP. Had a few sleepless nights trying to figure out how to use it before coming but literally it took us all of 30 seconds to figure it out. It really is simple. You can even order off the app.
burbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List