Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile 1900 park fare dinner - how long?

We had an ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5pm on our MK day in October but decided to change this due to the recent reviews. We have changed it to 1900 Park Fare which we are really looking forward to.

However, we could only get a reservation for 6.40pm and we want to watch HEA which isn't until 9pm that evening. I am hoping an earlier time may open up for our date but if it doesn't, is it do-able to have the buffet and meet the characters and catch the monorail back in time for HEA? We are 2 adults, so won't be slowed down by children. I think it is possible but ideally an earlier time will become available. I am checking regularly, is it likely that I will get an earlier time close to the date?

TIA Sue
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d you get in on time that’s achievable and probable. But not guaranteed. We waited 40 minutes post ADR time to get in there one night but to be fair that was Christmas Eve!
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’d you get in on time that’s achievable and probable. But not guaranteed. We waited 40 minutes post ADR time to get in there one night but to be fair that was Christmas Eve!
That's what I thought, fingers crossed really 😀. I guess Christmas Eve would be really hectic. Our booking is for a Monday evening so hopefully quieter than a weekend but there is never really a quiet time at Disney. Wondering if it is worth getting there 15 minutes early in case of getting in earlier, or at least on time?
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That's what I thought, fingers crossed really 😀. I guess Christmas Eve would be really hectic. Our booking is for a Monday evening so hopefully quieter than a weekend but there is never really a quiet time at Disney. Wondering if it is worth getting there 15 minutes early in case of getting in earlier, or at least on time?
You can easily do the food in less than an hour but it’s a big place so the characters can take ages to rotate.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I usually give 90 minutes for a buffet and it usually takes about an hour, (That is waiting for characters too.)
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
I usually give 90 minutes for a buffet and it usually takes about an hour, (That is waiting for characters too.)
I think that sounds about right so, unless there is a long wait to go in, I think we should get back into MK in time. The monorail is a bonus from GF if we had to catch buses then I don't know if we would manage. I still hope an earlier time becomes available.
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We waited an hour past our adr time last year. It was just a normal evening in August, nothing special going on.
We’re a family of four though, so you might get in more quickly as a couple. Also I don’t know if this is the norm, just our experience but we didn’t wait anywhere else.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
We waited an hour past our adr time last year. It was just a normal evening in August, nothing special going on.
We’re a family of four though, so you might get in more quickly as a couple. Also I don’t know if this is the norm, just our experience but we didn’t wait anywhere else.
Ooh, that would be a worry! We had breakfast there, as a group of 3, a couple of years ago and waited around 15 minutes. Other meals, including CP buffet, we have usually been called in within minutes.

I am hoping for an earlier time as I know if we are late in I will be stressing over getting out in time and not enjoying the meal/character meets.

As it is October and MNSSHP is on quite a few nights, it is looking difficult to find another evening to see HEA, or I would change our night to watch those instead.