Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile 192 Texas Roadhouse recent review

Hi all,

We’re here just now and staying in Windsor hills. We visited blizzard beach on Friday and thought we’d have an early dinner afterwards. Texas Roadhouse had been on my list as they do an early $9.99 special but recent yelp reviews (past 5-6 months) had been pretty dire, so I was a bit worried.

We arrived at 5.45 and it was busy - we were told 5-10 mins but larger groups were 15-25 mins. We were buzzed pretty quickly but then stood around for probably another 10-15 mins waiting to be seated and we weren’t alone, there were a few irate locals too.

However, when our server arrived, she apologised profusely, and brought us a free appetiser. Out table then got a visit from a section supervisor and the manager to apologise again, assure us we could still have the early menu (it was 6.20 by this point) and give us a voucher for a free app for next visit. Drinks and rolls were brought super fast, including little old style milk cartons for the kids.

I had the 10oz “roadkill”, not knowing what it was - basically a giant burger with no bun! No bad thing. Sides were Caesar salad and buttered corn. My husband had the pulled pork with mash and corn.

Everything was cooked perfectly, hot and really delicious. Large portions but manageable. We all shared the fudge brownie for dessert - it was good!

They have specials on every night, so I’m planning to return for rib night which is Wednesday. Total was $40 including tax and tip! The amount of butter on the corn did result in some gastric consequences though, so I’ll maybe stick to the mash next time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have always found it good there unless they seat you in the room to the right as you enter, I refuse to sit there now
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What’s wrong with that room? Do the servers just forget about you because it’s tucked away? We were in the main room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For the 14+ years that we've been on the DIBB I've said consistently how good Longhorn is for steaks but since the Texas opened at Rolling Oaks a few years ago I've been saying that Texas is catching up fast.

The fact that the car park is usually rammed early evening is a clue to us that it's popular and we often have to wait.

Still do Longhorn two or three times every holiday but Texas catching up fast.

Mick
Old 7 Oct 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

Good to hear it is still OK. We have always paid this restaurant a visit on our stays since it opened, never had a bad meal there.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I'm on my own again as we wouldn't step foot in there again.

We went last year in September and was put in the room to the right, brought our food and never saw the server again until they came with the bill. They served me the rubbish under cooked chciken below, and the server told me the manager had taken the price of the chicken off the bill, but didn't bother to even come and see me.

I emailed head office when I got home (to the UK) and was sent a free voucher for 2 mains. So we thought we would give them the benefit of the doubt and use our free voucher when we went to Florida in early December last year. We went about 4.30pm midweek so it was extremely quiet in there, but the server still tried to put us back in the rubbish room to the right. I said no way was I going back in there, and we sat in the main restaurant. It was about 85% empty, if not more. I was very polite and upfront with the young server and mentioned about our last experience and the voucher and even showed him the picture below. He said he would make the manager aware. The food came and it was okay, but definitely not up to the standard of Longhorn across the road.

Just as we were leaving I asked the server if he had made the manager aware of the situation, and he said he had told her. I said to thank her for taking the time to come and see us. He asked if I would like to see her, and I said she had had plenty of opportunity to see us and I wasn't prepared to wait around to see her if she couldn't be bothered to speak to us.

So I'm afraid Texas Roadhouse is permanently off our list.

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I'm on my own again as we wouldn't step foot in there again.

We went last year in September and was put in the room to the right, brought our food and never saw the server again until they came with the bill. They served me the rubbish under cooked chciken below, and the server told me the manager had taken the price of the chicken off the bill, but didn't bother to even come and see me.

I emailed head office when I got home (to the UK) and was sent a free voucher for 2 mains. So we thought we would give them the benefit of the doubt and use our free voucher when we went to Florida in early December last year. We went about 4.30pm midweek so it was extremely quiet in there, but the server still tried to put us back in the rubbish room to the right. I said no way was I going back in there, and we sat in the main restaurant. It was about 85% empty, if not more. I was very polite and upfront with the young server and mentioned about our last experience and the voucher and even showed him the picture below. He said he would make the manager aware. The food came and it was okay, but definitely not up to the standard of Longhorn across the road.

Just as we were leaving I asked the server if he had made the manager aware of the situation, and he said he had told her. I said to thank her for taking the time to come and see us. He asked if I would like to see her, and I said she had had plenty of opportunity to see us and I wasn't prepared to wait around to see her if she couldn't be bothered to speak to us.

So I'm afraid Texas Roadhouse is permanently off our list.

That's certainly not good enough Mickey - it looks disgusting and service left a lot to be desired.

Mick
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's certainly not good enough Mickey - it looks disgusting and service left a lot to be desired.

Mick
I appreciate people have had good food and service there, but I can only go on my experience.

Mind you I had a dead ant on my pancake in dennys a couple of years ago (the one at the end of the 192 near the us27).

Maybe I should just eat in the villa
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I appreciate people have had good food and service there, but I can only go on my experience.

Mind you I had a dead ant on my pancake in dennys a couple of years ago (the one at the end of the 192 near the us27).

Maybe I should just eat in the villa
Wasn't that the manager's daily special with added protein?

Mick