Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep Andy at dfch,
Welcome along any questions can normally ba answered in the search bar, but if not just ask we are a wealth of knowlage, and enjoy bragging about how we did it,did it cheap and did it well.
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post

thank you so much everyone! you are also so helpful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
Ooh exciting - we went in June last year and it was a fab time of year to go. I would really recommend 'cooling towels' it does get pretty hot and these were a life-saver for us, you soak them in cold water and tug them and they get really cold, great for putting round your neck especially if you have a little one.

I would second earlier comments, see if you can get the car hire back - compare the price to upgrade against Alamo and see which comes out on top.
I bought cooling towels from amazon - a three pack for about £6 - all different colours. For car hire we have used Alamo Brits and us rentacar I the past.

If you’re only planning one day in Disney then a single day ticket will be fine but remember you will only be able to use it in one park. Not a problem if you’re only wanting to do Magic Kingdom though. I’m not sure if you can buy single day tickets in advance - I think not but that may have changed. If you can then do it as early as you can so you can book some fast passes 30 days before you want to go to MK. that will make sure you get to do at least three attractions without a long queue. If you can’t purchase in advance, or don’t want to fix the day you go, you can book Fast passes at a kiosk in the park when you get there but availability will be limited - e.g you are unlikely to get a FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan’s Flight. You probably will get Dumbo, little mermaid, small world etc on the day. You will have a fab time whatever though.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

We're heading in June as well, but this will be our third time. This year the child has decided she only wants to do universal, and would rather leave Disney in favour of a more chilled out time. However we, the adults, want to do Disney . We were there last time for the ap holders to view pandora and watched longingly as they passed the CMs. Having looked at the prices of one day tickets we're seriously considering buying multiday before we leave, and just deciding on going some days. Would you do either just Disney or just universal. You would probably get 14 day tickets for one of them for not too much more than 1 day for each. There's so much to do in Disney, and it has the animals, the rides and everything. Which one park were you thinking for Disney? And would it only be one in universal as well?

We were on a much bigger budget last few times than this, but had booked far enough in advance to get a good deal. If you look at prices on ATD they sometimes offer deals with money off vouchers/free legoland tickets etc when you buy multiday tickets.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just wondering why you definitely need a car?
We’ve always hired a car in the past but this year we’re staying on international drive and have decided to just use Uber/lyft instead, just as convenient but no parking/fuel which can really add up. I was a bit sceptical at first but after various people telling me how easier and cheaper it is I’m quite looking forward to it and no stressful driving either
I believe there is plenty discount codes aswell, $5 off your first 10 trips etc
For Busch gardens they run a free shuttle bus x
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi and welcome!

Could you maybe do Disney OR Universal? I'm thinking the cost of 1 day tickets to these would be similar to a 7/14 day pass. If you considered this, you would get so much from Disney - MK, AK, HS, Epcot plus 2 waterparks.

We previously bought 1 day tickets on the gate at IOA - it cost a small fortune!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Hi and welcome!

Could you maybe do Disney OR Universal? I'm thinking the cost of 1 day tickets to these would be similar to a 7/14 day pass. If you considered this, you would get so much from Disney - MK, AK, HS, Epcot plus 2 waterparks.

We previously bought 1 day tickets on the gate at IOA - it cost a small fortune!
Yeah my thought too. Save by picking 1 set - and probably disney. 6 parks including water parks. We spent 2 weekes doing nothing but disney and still didnt get through it all.

Edit: and if not bought already i would drop seaworld etc if it means you get a 14 day disney ticket

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Hiya,

i can't help with one day ticket however I would say weigh up if you actually need a car. i personally wouldn't consider driving over there as the roads look too much for me and wrong side to what I'm used to etc so we used taxi's and shuttles and uber. Uber worked out really cheap but we didn't discover it until towards the end of our holidays. If you download the uber app you can get a price estimate and by the time you factor in car insurance, petrol, parking etc it wouldn't surprise me if a car isn't as important.

Happy planning! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List