Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile Beginning of August vs end...?

Hi all!

Help needed... I know usually people tend to recommend end of August as it’s a quieter time, but wondering just how much of a difference this would make and also whether there are other factors to consider? We were originally looking at about 16th August 2020 but a cheaper deal has come up for the 5th, so feeling very tempted... 🙈
Old 12 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Having been twice at the end of August I would always pick the end to the beggining. Local schools have gone back and the big tour groups have pretty much left aswell.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Definitely quieter as a lot of American kids are heading back to school by then and often cheaper if you come back 1-2 days into September when U.K. kids are back at school. Other than that, I’m not sure. If it’s cheaper to go earlier, I’d pick that date. We tend to go end of July/beginning of August as DH works in a college and needs to be home in time for GCSE dates. We make use of early entry and use the busy day guide and have always coped ok with the crowds.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Definitely quieter as a lot of American kids are heading back to school by then and often cheaper if you come back 1-2 days into September when U.K. kids are back at school. Other than that, I’m not sure. If it’s cheaper to go earlier, I’d pick that date. We tend to go end of July/beginning of August as DH works in a college and needs to be home in time for GCSE dates. We make use of early entry and use the busy day guide and have always coped ok with the crowds.
Thanks for the reply I have to stick to school hols unfortunately. Would you say it’s comparable to Easter in terms of crowds? I’ve been at Easter and coped ok, but that was quite a long time ago and without a child!
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Thanks for the reply I have to stick to school hols unfortunately. Would you say it’s comparable to Easter in terms of crowds? I’ve been at Easter and coped ok, but that was quite a long time ago and without a child!
I feel your pain having to stick to school hols!

I’ve never been at Easter but I think Easter and Christmas are supposed to be massively busy. I think if you coped at Easter, you’ll be fine in August. When are you planning on going? This August or next? If it’s next, bear in mind Star Wars Galaxy’s edge will be open by then so that might push crowd levels up.

Edited to add: I’ve taken children in August and just planned in lots of rest days for when I could see they were flagging and made sure they were well fed and hydrated. They’ve been twice now, the youngest was 3 when he first went.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been a few times at the end of August and last time at the beginning of August. It’s noticeably busier but manageable. There wasn’t anything we didn’t get to ride and I wouldn’t think it was anywhere near as busy as Easter as the queues weren’t ridiculously long.

Obviously end of August is our our preferred time (although I do think that’s got busier the last time we went at this time as a lot of schools don’t go back until after labor day) it hasn’t put us off and we’re going end of July first 2 weeks of August this year.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

we did almost the whole of Aug last year, it was slightly busier at the start, but nothing over the top
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
The end of August now has Halloween party at Magic Kingdom, two nights a week. If you are wanting to go to MNSSHP, this makes end of August much better! If not, it reduces access to evenings at Magic Kingdom, making the other evenings slightly busier.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
The end of August now has Halloween party at Magic Kingdom, two nights a week. If you are wanting to go to MNSSHP, this makes end of August much better! If not, it reduces access to evenings at Magic Kingdom, making the other evenings slightly busier.
I'll be there around that time. Is the Holloween party included if you have 14 day ultimate tickets?
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I'll be there around that time. Is the Holloween party included if you have 14 day ultimate tickets?
Unfortunately not, it's a separately ticketed event.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List