Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Spring dates 2020

I'm back! Been given the green flag to start plotting 2020

Looking to go around the same time as usual April/May time after Easter but before it starts really hotting up in May. Easter seems pretty early next year on April 12th so am I right in thinking I'll be "safe" crowd wise to go from around the 20th onwards avoiding the week after Easter? Any other dates I should be avoiding? I suspect the marathon will be around that time again but it didn't impact on us at all last year so don't mind that at all.

Got to get my head back in the game now
Fingers crossed for free DDP now!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID

Edited at 08:30 AM.
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t have any answers to your question but I’m planning to go around the same time as you, so I’m hijacking to follow! From what I have read though the crowds should have died down from Easter. Happy planning
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

I am also booking for that time! we are looking to go the Monday thee kids go back to school which in 20th April from what i have seen.

Crowd calender's would normally suggest it does quieten off the week after school holidays however we have the impending unknown of Star wars land opening the fall before so what crowds are going to be like and what sort of free dinning that's going to be offered is anyone's say at this point

Hope to see you out there!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are looking at similar (but are stuck with Easter holidays &#128561 but when does Disney open booking? I am amazed you can’t look at direct prices yet on their site for next year.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pikachu
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’m looking at this time too, so following!
Pikachu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
We are looking at similar (but are stuck with Easter holidays &#128561 but when does Disney open booking? I am amazed you can’t look at direct prices yet on their site for next year.
Booking direct with Disney? I was on their site earlier and it looked like they had opened 2020 bookings already. Not seen it since though. I know other tour operators are selling already, even if only on a Room Only basis. Because being curious I had a look.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Ooh could be quite a lot of us going the same time!

Easter was the 1st April last year & we went out on the 15th & it was fine, next year Easter is the 12th so thinking we'll be fine from around the 20th going on that theory. We absolutely loved Pandora & FOP so hoping that the Star Wars madness will help ease crowds there lol. Neither of us like Star Wars at all haha! Excited to see toy story land though - we just missed it last time!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by elliecjno1 View Post
Ooh could be quite a lot of us going the same time!

Easter was the 1st April last year & we went out on the 15th & it was fine, next year Easter is the 12th so thinking we'll be fine from around the 20th going on that theory. We absolutely loved Pandora & FOP so hoping that the Star Wars madness will help ease crowds there lol. Neither of us like Star Wars at all haha! Excited to see toy story land though - we just missed it last time!
Looks like! - I haven't been for a number of years and he hasn't been at all so I'm excited to see Pandora and toy story and all the new changes!

OH is a big Starwars fan so I will suffer the crowds for him which I cant say I'm looking forward to! but yes will be interesting to see how/if it effects crowds and FP availability in currently really popular arrears - I think if anything it will be even busier as there is likely to be many more people in Disney!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Another one here staying to plan for Easter 2020. Although we have to go in the school holidays. 😭.

I have been before in the easter hols and it was perfect for us. Was not as busy as fears and the heat was just right for my lot. Needed pool heating on in the villa though.

Just starting to look at prices. As usual school holidays are horrendous.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We haven’t done Easter before but am seriously thinking of going March 28th and coming back Easter weekend. Am I right in thinking that arriving two weeks before the Easter weekend will qualify for free dining (if released)?
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List