Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I agree. There are plenty of holiday destinations other than Florida. I would ask him where he would like to go on holiday instead and go with that.

Ours have loved all their Florida holidays but after our second visit our son (then 15) said that the following year he’d like a beach/pool holiday for a change so that’s what we did.
We did the same. Went in 2016, the kids (10 & 12) at the time loved it but they also love splashing round a pool in the canaries, that’s what they wanted to we did 2 weeks in Lanzarote in 2017 which was just as amazing. We then went to Orlando in 2018, again amazing, but we took it much slower and had a villa - at 12 & 10 they had a fab time and this year we’re off to Orlando again which is an unexpected trip due to being given free nights at disney needed using, they will be 13 & 11 and we will spend more time chilling round the villa. Next year we will go to Spain or similar for a chill out and who knows after that. It’s all about balance and keeping everyone happy.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Try a cruise. Most have clubs for teenagers. The clubs have plenty for them to do to stop them from being bored. While they are being entertained you can relax and chill. Well worth researching.
Great idea! Then if he is still ungrateful you can sling him overboard!

Tongue in cheek obviously but is it a generation thing. So many threads about ungrateful teenagers, not only on holiday but doing anything at all. From being lazy, staying in bed all day, doing nothing round the house, generally being ungrateful and unhelpful.

Why don't parents just sort there children out rather than let the children dominate. Easy life maybe!
Old 22 Jan 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Clearly the answer is if you have a child who does not enjoy Disney, disown them immediately for having such bad taste.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I agree. There are plenty of holiday destinations other than Florida. I would ask him where he would like to go on holiday instead and go with that.

Ours have loved all their Florida holidays but after our second visit our son (then 15) said that the following year he’d like a beach/pool holiday for a change so that’s what we did.
Whilst I've never done Disney every year as to be honest much as I love it , there are so many other places to visit too but it is a favourite we've returned to many times ... My attitude is I'm the parent and I'm paying so whilst preferences definitely get taken into account she who pays the piper plays the tune and I wouldn't let any child dictate the destination. Once he was 15 my son got to choose if he wanted to come or stay with his Dad , wherever the destination was.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

It’s not very often I can say ooh my kids wouldn’t do that lol but the 4 never have but we have a lot of down time in the pool etc... and they loved the Disney Community Halls, however on our last holiday the younger 2 where like that in Boston, DD13 fell asleep on bus tour of Martha’s Vineyard !

Edited at 01:49 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with the other replies ask him where he fancies going, ive never understood why parents insist on going to the same place then complain if their kids arent that impressed the world is a big place go explore somewhere new
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
It's true the world is a big place but if you're paying for the holiday go where you want to go, you could have the same outcome at a different place
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
It's true the world is a big place but if you're paying for the holiday go where you want to go, you could have the same outcome at a different place

Rob

But why make the kid miserable? ask their opinions on where they would like to go and see if you all like that idea not like hes a little kid hes old enough to have his own opinion
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Kids can make or break a holiday, especially a expensive one. Compromise is the best for all.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ems35 View Post
I agree with the other replies ask him where he fancies going, ive never understood why parents insist on going to the same place then complain if their kids arent that impressed the world is a big place go explore somewhere new
Same here. I also don't understands parents who say 'I'm paying so I decide where we're going'. It just causes animosity.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread