Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

FP- what times?

So our first trip to Disney is in May and I'm starting to think FPs! We are staying onsite for one week at PORS. We've never visited Disney World before (although we have Orlando) so while I think I have a good handle on things I would appreciate a little FP advice.

It's just myself and the hubby and I will be wanting to take a slightly chilled approach. So while we will aim to be in the parks early we probably won't make rope drop, and we may go back to the pool for a while mid afternoon.

So what time should I book my FPs for each of the Disney Parks? I was thinking maybe 10am, 11am and 1pm (so we have a gap for lunch), as then I can start looking for additional FPs after 1pm?

Is that what your tactic would be, or would you do it differently? What times do you normally book for?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

I normally do what you say above but I don't always leave a gap for lunch depending on our plans.

I also schedule the most wanted fp as the 2nd of the day rather than the first. That way you don't lose slinky dog for instance if running late.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I also generally do 10am, 11am and 12pm. The queues are generally shorter before 10am so even if you do get in early you can usually get on a few rides with a short wait without a FP.

I will be at PORS the same time as you!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
I also generally do 10am, 11am and 12pm. The queues are generally shorter before 10am so even if you do get in early you can usually get on a few rides with a short wait without a FP.

So will I
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
I normally do what you say above but I don't always leave a gap for lunch depending on our plans.

I also schedule the most wanted fp as the 2nd of the day rather than the first. That way you don't lose slinky dog for instance if running late.
That is a brilliant tip about scheduling the one I want most second, thanks!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post

Thanks! I thought we might make it in for 9am or so and fit in a few rides but DH is a world champion faffer so I'm not going to count on it lol.
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
So will I
Sounds like a dibber takeover of PORS lol
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

As FPs are valid for an hour, you shouldn’t need the gap for lunch as, for example, you could get an 11.30 then a 12.30 FP. Head to the 11.30 one on time at 11.30, but you could leave the 12.30 one until 13.25 should you wish 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
As FPs are valid for an hour, you shouldn’t need the gap for lunch as, for example, you could get an 11.30 then a 12.30 FP. Head to the 11.30 one on time at 11.30, but you could leave the 12.30 one until 13.25 should you wish 😊
Good point thanks! My DH is a bit fussy with 'letting his food go down' before he does anything so that's why I left the gap, but as long as there's an hour or so overall he'll be okay. Maybe an 11am and 12.30pm FP would work well for us