Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

2nd half of August, or 2nd half of October?

We've done Easter, and it was too busy, and weather wasn't all that.

We've done October, and it was all great... except for our next visit my daughter will be in year 11, so to avoid her missing 5 days of school...

I'm considering the last 2 weeks of August. Can anyone tell me about the crowds? Weather? Especially compared to the 2 times of year we have been before.

Thank you
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We usually go last two weeks of August but went in October last year. Crowd wise there was no difference. We were on site though so used our fast passes well! It’s hot in August but manageable. There are lots of places to cool down as you know. We usually use those cooling towels and go where there’s air con when it gets too hot. X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I agree, crowds not much different really
We prefer the weather in October but have been in August and as long as you dont rush around the heat is fine
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went for the last two weeks in August but can't compare to Easter or October. We didn't think it was too busy but the weather was very humid and the children in particular found themselves in need of regular respite. It's the start of hurricane season so the weather is less reliable.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That said, August was significantly cheaper than going in the October break and we'd go again.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We usually go the last two weeks of August (in fact are going last two weeks of August this year) but last year went last week of October and first week of November.

I can honestly say I thought it busier in October than August. The crowds were ridiculous. We did make good use of FP+ but I said to DH that we wouldn't go this time of year again.

August is hot & busy but the crowds drop off noticeably from about the 20th as a lot of the American kids go back to school. Plenty of rest stops, drink plenty of water and take advantage of AC in shops and you'll find you acclimatise in a couple of days.
Old 23 Jan 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Brilliant thanks everyone!

Unfortunately I've paid a deposit for a villa for October, which isn't now available in the 2 weeks we want that August... so we would have to lose our £200 deposit to change to August. ARGH!
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aren’t the flights more expensive in August? Particularly if you want to fly direct?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List