Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 14, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Magic bands and a 2 night stay

Hi

We are going out for three weeks in September, I've got an annual pass and DH has the 21 day ultimate.

We are staying in a villa for the three weeks and will have a couple of nights at the Boardwalk half way through.

What would happen with magic bands and linking the tickets in MDE? Would we use the tickets for the trip apart from the days at the Boardwalk where we would use the magic bands?

I was wondering if anyone had done a split stay offsite/on site and done a similar thing?

Thanks.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Not sure any of this will actually help as it is now a few months ago but this is what I done during my stay in Oct/Nov last year but it wasn't rolled out properly so to speak. I was on site for 3 nights before I got into my villa and could use my Magic Bands up until I checked out of WDW then I had to revert to using my AP for the remainder of my stay but i was told this was because it wasn't yet possible to keep my APs on my Magic Bands but it would be something that would be happening in the New Year. I'm sure I saw a thread recently that mentioned APs were now being put onto Magic Bands. I'm hoping so as I plan to take my bands back over with me to re use. Also if you have a paper AP ticket and if it can't go onto your Magic Band then you need to exchange it for the new plastic style card at Guest Services. I will be watching this thread with interest
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
KerryAtter
Excited about Disney

I've enquired about this too, as we're thinking of having a 1 or 2 night onsite stay midway through our holiday. I contacted Disney and they said that you will be entitled to use the bands and you can use them for the duration of your holiday as park tickets and photo pass. I tried to get clarification on whether I'd be able to get them delivered or pick them up early (before our time to check-in to the hotel) but they weren't very clear, they just said that they'd be ready for us when we checked in.

Edited at 11:42 AM.
KerryAtter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Hun.

I'd read too that AP's were now, or in the process of being, linked to magic bands.

I'm curious as to what will happen with our magic bands and tickets after we leave the Boardwalk. Obviously we won't be able to charge back using them, but it will be interesting to see if we can use them rather than the tickets as we won't be staying onsite.

It's a while before we go,so it will probably all change again
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
KerryAtter
Excited about Disney

I had read somewhere that they were rolling out the magic bands to off-site guests too. We're not going til December, so I'll hang on and see what happens before I go any further
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KerryAtter View Post
I've enquired about this too, as we're thinking of having a 1 or 2 night onsite stay midway through our holiday. I contacted Disney and they said that you will be entitled to use the bands and you can use them for the duration of your holiday as park tickets and photo pass. I tried to get clarification on whether I'd be able to get them delivered or pick them up early (before our time to check-in to the hotel) but they weren't very clear, they just said that they'd be ready for us when we checked in.
Ah, we overlapped on replying!

I know other people have asked about picking them up early and it has been a no from Disney.

I read somewhere that the bands last for about 2 years so presumably once you have them you could link tickets to them for the following year and use them for tickets and fastpasses etc even if,you weren't staying onsite.

Old 27 Feb 14, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Yeah that was my thing as I was worried about when they said they would be rolling out the APs on them but do they mean just for onsite guests and not offsite as its not very often I get an onsite stay anymore.

Keeping everything crossed that by the time I go back APs and off site guests will be able to use their bands.

Just a thought. Are the FP+ details kept on the bands or only on MDE? If they are only on MDE then the Magic Bands would only be of use to off site guests for park entry as they don't open room doors or charge back. So as an off site guest we would still have to carry cards around anyway unless there was a way to add our credit card details on the MDE app to allow us to charge to our cards? Im not sure how safe that would be but we do it with the likes of Amazon and even Tesco where our cards details are kept. As an onsite guest everything can be on the card to cut down on what you have to carry around room key, park pass, credit card. Can't wait to see how it all pans out for us off siters
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KerryAtter
Excited about Disney

'Off site sisters' lol, love it! We should get membership cards printed... I wonder if we could put those onto the magic bands
Old 27 Feb 14, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed 2 nights in December at AKL, we were also staying in a villa.

Our 14 day tickets worked with the cards until we checked in and then the bands for the duration of the tickets.

The charging privileges stopped working 24 hours after checking out. We were however able to pre-book fastpass plus for the remainder of the tickets even after we had checked out of AKL. I don't know if this glitch has now been rectified.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
We stayed 2 nights in December at AKL, we were also staying in a villa.

Our 14 day tickets worked with the cards until we checked in and then the bands for the duration of the tickets.

The charging privileges stopped working 24 hours after checking out. We were however able to pre-book fastpass plus for the remainder of the tickets even after we had checked out of AKL. I don't know if this glitch has now been rectified.
That's useful to know, thank you. It would be nice if the glitch wasn't fixed

Closed Thread