Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
rso123
Excited about Disney

rso123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Just upgraded Disney ultimate to annual pass

I thought I would post about my upgrade experience as I know it is a frequently asked question. I went to customer service at Hollywood studios on Tuesday and asked for a price to upgrade a 14 day ultimate to a platinum annual pass( excluding water parks and I hadn't used any of the water park entries on my ultimate). The lady told me it would be $384 and I didn't think this was right as I wasn't being given as much as I thought I had paid for the ultimate. I thought I should be given about $30 more for it. So I said thank you and decided to try again.
So yesterday I went to MK and asked there and was given the same price. I said I didn't think I was being given enough for the ultimate so the lady checked with someone else. I don't think this man knew any more really but was obviously her superior and said it was probably something to do with the exchange rate. He was very vague though I wasn't confident in his knowledge so very politely asked to speak to a manager. This man pressed loads of buttons and said it would be $281 (over$100 less! ). I said thank you very much and it was done. I overheard the manager telling the lady that she needed to make sure that she credited the full value of the ticket as if it had just been purchased. I don't know if he put it through as an ultimate or a US ticket on the system and wasn't going to ask any questions in case he changed the price!
So my advice is to ask different people at different guest services as it is clearly a complicated process. The man who was trying to be "helpful" earlier also told me that uk tickets couldn't be upgraded as they are discounted so much, but I obviously knew that wasn't right. Hope this helps someone.
rso123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I did the same last September and got several prices before I got one I was happy with... that was at DTD. This was before the changes to the price structure of the annual passes, it cost $160 then.

Edit - these were 21 day tickets btw, but same principle... do your homework first so you know what price you want to pay.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We have found over the years they need to do something in the computer to bring the price down and about 90% of CMs don't do it.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tara1
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Did you do this to save on parking fees?
tara1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

That's good to know we have done this before and intend to upgrade our 21 day tickets in November although I think the best price they can offer is the 10 day magic your way with park hopping. Last time I had the page open on the DIBB to show them as they didn't really seem to know how to handle it also had to get a manager out. That was guest relations at MK.
Old 10 Apr 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Yes we went in various places last August to get the best price... Finally paid $160 (which included tax) also our tickets started from the day we upgraded!
They were 21 day ultimate
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Yes we went in various places last August to get the best price... Finally paid $160 (which included tax) also our tickets started from the day we upgraded!
They were 21 day ultimate
Dumb question alert-

How does this affect any fast passes, free dining or basically any plans you may have made before your trip?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Dumb question alert-

How does this affect any fast passes, free dining or basically any plans you may have made before your trip?
We did not upgrade until we had 7 days of fast passes left.
We had been told that we could only hold Up to 7 on a annual
Pass.
( some people who upgraded said they held all there fp- some more than 7 )
All other things remained
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Interesting to hear the pass date started on day you upgraded-meaning more than a year on the tickets,possibly up to year plus 3 weeks?.We are hoping to upgrade to a dvc annual pass from our 21 day ticket,think we will try at disneys springs!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread