Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 16, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We take photographs and photo copies of them and the ticket receipt and laminate them both sides of the ticket and a pic of all,of us with our respective ticket showing the signature and bar code yes I like the belt and braces approach even with our Anual passes
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are here now and I have images of all the backs of tickets on my iPhone as that's always with me... thanks dibbers great tip although so far luckily not needed. I have the tickets in a couple of little wallets ...my daughter and her boyfriend have theirs in one similar to a travel pass holder ( they sometimes do different parks to us that's why theirs are together. And mine, OHs and my little girls are in a three fold card holder I got from cath kidston in sale before we came. All tickets are in wallets back to front with barcodes showing and then I don't have to keep taking them out and they scan straight through the plastic anyway. This is a bit sad but I even line us all up in ticket order too to make it a bit quicker
When we've gone in water rides they are all sealed as well in a waterproof bag with the mobile phones.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ashcole View Post
Make sure you take a photo of the back of them, at least then they can be replaced if lost.
Excellent advice. Helps CMs to easily replace if they get lost or stolen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Agree with taking a photo of the tickets! Not needed to ask CMs to help with replacing tickets personally but have read reports of people who have managed to get tickets replaced at Universal where the ticket has been lost/destroyed (e.g. by water)...

At Disney all I needed was my Magic Band(s). I didn't even bother with picking up my MYW ticket at Will Call last year...

At Universal my ticket was carried around all day on a lanyard with a plastic wallet with a zip-lock type thing (bought a Ravenclaw one at Universal). This was especially useful as I also had an Express pass which was easily scanned on the lanyard, and also for taking the Hogwarts Express where they need to scan the park to park ticket!
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Would just add to the taking photos that we have in the past also e-mailed the photo back to all three of our mail accounts - another layer of protections should the photos somehow disappear from the phone (not an unknown occurrence for us! ).
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The minute they arrive we sign and photograph and keep them in the ATD folder they come in. We email that to both our Gmail accounts for safety. We print a copy which I attach to the back of the receipt which I laminate.

When we get to each of the parks we buy a lanyard with a plastic case, which they never come out of.

For will call tickets. I Gmail them too and don't have a printed copy just in case our bag is stolen. But when we pick them up. Same photograph routine minus the lamination...

Paranoid me?

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
Would just add to the taking photos that we have in the past also e-mailed the photo back to all three of our mail accounts - another layer of protections should the photos somehow disappear from the phone (not an unknown occurrence for us! ).
Snap. Photograph them then email. I'm designated card holder and, like a PP, I keep the cards on their own in one zipped pocket of my bag.

At Universal, I wore a lanyard and kept all the tickets plus the photo connect card in there.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Personally, I would just get a magic band, saves all that faffing about x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Personally, I would just get a magic band, saves all that faffing about x
We'll only be doing 1 or 2 days of Disney parks so I don't think a magic band would be worth it
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread