Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 11 - Galaxy Edge/ HS

Day 11 - Hollywood Studios

Galaxy's Edge had opened a few weeks before we visited so HS was open from 6am while we were there. We wanted to make the most of this so woke up at 4.45 to get to Hollywood studios for 5.30.

We got a Lyft as we didn't want to waste time getting a bus that early! We got to HS about 5.25, got through security and they scanned our bands. We had bought some pastries in our instacart shop so we took those with us and ate them while waiting.

At 6 they walked you round to Galaxy's Edge, two storm troopers leading the way. We were led straight into the queuing area of Smugglers Run, we walked straight onto the ride and were given gunner positions. This was really good, the queue was 60 mins when we got off.

Bit blury but you can see the crowds being led to Smugglers Run.

Much emptier when we got off the ride!

We walked around GE and were told we could visit Oga Cantina without reservation so we popped in and I got a coffee. We also got one of the cokes in the special star wars bottle using a snack credit. We had heard you were not able to bring these home in checked in luggage, but had since read on TSA that they were allowed.

Love this photo of Chris wandering around, especially as it is quite empty.

We wandered round getting few more photos and then walked over to toy story land. Slinky dog was 25 mins, although the lines app (which I'd be using most of holiday in US/IOA) said it expected to be 15 mins which was right. This was good but I wouldn't wait much longer than we did for it, it wasn't anything mind blowing but I can see why kids love it.

We got photos with Boo Peep, then went on toy story mania which was a walk on - when we came last time I remember being excited when this only had a 45 min wait!

Then we waited to meet Buzz, probably one of the best character meets we've ever done! He asked Chris to hide, then posed with me .

We continued round the park, going on rocking roller coaster and tower of terror. Both were walk ons, it was about 8.30 by this time.

We went back to GE, took some photos then it was time for Chris' droid depo booking. He was very excited, he chose an R2 one. He also bought one of the metal gift cards, you had to put $100 on this, but as this was the cost of the droid depo, he got the gift card then paid for it with the gift card so he could keep it as a souvenir.

We stopped for some food at Ronto Roasters, although it was before 10 we ordered off the main menu rather than breakfast. We had been up for so long it felt like it should be lunchtime! We both got the sausage wrap and the special cocktail. Ok it was early but it was included in our dining plan and when else can you drink star wars cocktails .

After we finished, we decided go go back for a nap. We had about a 15 min wait for a bus. We got back and I went straight to bed as I was shattered.

We headed back out about 3 as we had booked the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood & Vine. Our ADRs were before they announced the opening of GE so we might not have planned a late one at HS if we knew we'd be getting there for 6, but our nap definitely made it easier!

A bus turned up straight away (it wasn't showing on the app so we just went to the bus stop, I don't think we had any HS buses show on the app the whole holiday). We got to HS and went back to GE for the third time today and got a few more photos as our ones from earlier was before it was fully light.

We went and checked in at Hollywood and Vine. We got our photo with Minnie.

We ordered our drinks and went and got some food, we were impressed with the selection. We both got a glass of wine.

All of the characters came round just before dessert, we liked that this was Halloween themed (so wore some Halloween ears obviously)!
We loved Donald's outfit!

This came to $150 but we used two table service credits. We couldn't believe how expensive it would've been!

We finished about 5.20 and went and used our fastpass on tower of terror. We managed to do the olaf meet between our FP for the frozen sing along.

We had a star tours FP, we used it but it was actually a walk on and then went over to the fantasmic viewing area, stopping for a drink on snack credits.

We loved fantasmic, the story line was the same but it was so much better than a few years ago, clearly been updated. I booked another FP for rocking roller coaster so we used this straight after fantasmic. My magic band caught on the seat and unclipped but I managed to catch it !

We went to the star wars launch bay, this place was so cool. We did the chewie and darth vader meet. We didn't have loads of time so we were planning to explore more on our next visit but we were glad we got the photos.

Chris' new favourite photo of me !

We stopped for mickey pretzel and watched world of animation and the star wars fireworks. The shows just keep getting better and better, the star wars one was the best yet.

We hurried out when it finished and a bus was already there, we got on it and were back at the resort by 10.30, it was great being so close to the park!

My parents had spent the day at Kennedy Space Center and had a great time, they enjoyed doing something a bit different.

Day 12 - Magic Kingdom

Edited at 11:27 AM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Wow! That was an epic day. Your obscenely early start paid off- you got so much done. Amazing Hollywood Studios day. Your photos are brilliant too. Loving the report, thanks for writing it all up.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List