Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Dec 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Guess who saved by flying TC ? Day 3

Even though we had been in Disney for a couple of days, we left Magic Kingdom for a day that was just for relaxing. Had THAT message from my son, but just dismissed it as media scaremongering.Id booked FPs for Big Thunder, Space and Seven Dwarves at times between 9.30 and 14.00. I couldnt believe how early the parks were opening every day. DHS was 6 am and MK 7 am.
We tucked into a bagel and cream cheese from our kitchen and I reflected on how I had beat the system by spending 700 big ones instead of paying Disney prices.
I couldnt quite grasp the APP bus times, so wandered over to wait for a MK one. It was good staying where we did, because if a bus came it had to go around the roundabout by our block, so I could always flag it if we needed to get on
It was fantasic, as you all know, to go to the Macic Kingdom for the first time on your trip, and it was better somehow, that we had been in Disney for a couple of days if that makes sense. I found it quite hot and that stayed with me for the whole holiday

Thought Id dress soberly for the first few days

Between the Space and Seven Dwarves FPs we caught the monorail over to Poly for lunch, where Leander had a Pulled Pork sandwich and I had the Coconut Meatballs. Absolutely lovely. For the drinks, we had a sprite , the guy let us have a cup because of the refillable mug (top man) and I had a can of beer and Leander was able to pick a dessert instead of the drink. Great service,I thought. I made a shandy as I dont really like lager (Im a cider man) and this was a great call. We went back to MK to do the Mine Train. Not long after that we went back to OKW.
We had ADR for the Edison, here comes the first blood pressure rise. We caught the boat to Disney Springs and walked over and as we approached the Edison I could see a notice on the door saying they were closed for a private party. There was another couple there and they said that even though they hadnt been told the staff just dismissed them out of hand. So i marched in , ready to throw someone into the lake, they had a list of people they hadnt had chance to inform. ! What ! I was furious, the manager was called and he knew I was desperately trying to keep calm and though the restaurant was called he offered us a drink at the bar. He nearly ended up in the lakeStill cant believe there were at least 40 people that hadnt been informed. Outside , I just was at a loss to know where to eat, so we went to Customer Services where we met the most inept agent. After trying to explain about my complaint and that we needed a res. somewhere, it was at this point, where I expected Jeremy Beadle to jump out, that I put my head in my hands and groaned, that a manager came over, took us into her office and sorted us out. We got res. for the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs where we had the best meal, served by the best staff and met the nicest customers where we sat. We were there for over 2 hours, chatting about Trump, Boris and the NFL. The staff kept the Angry Orchards coming on the house, and left us there in our section.(the others were regular DVCers) and refused to accept our tip as there had been an issue at the Edison. Amazing. I took the three servers aside and forced 10 dollars cash each on them. They didnt want to take them. As i was a bit cidered up, we went back to OKW via the nature trail.
Saratoga Springs Turf Club had the best servers collectively by a country mile. In the morning, we walked back to the Saratoga and I insisted on seeing the resort manager to make sure the restaurant got the feedback they deserved. Lovely people.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone going to the reservation to find out the restaurant is closed. I'm not surprised you were cross. A shame it took so long to get another dinner spot sorted, but at least you had an enjoyable dinner in the end.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List