Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Eat out to help out

We live in quite a large village and both had today off so we headed to a coffee shop for lunch. We don't live far so had a leisurely stroll there.

Booked a table 30 mins before arriving, had an ice cream strawberry milkshake, 3 lemon sanpelligrinos, fish finger sandwich, skin on fries and a Moroccan egg and garlic bread and with the eat out to help out scheme it came to just over £12!

Best of all it wasn't too busy, as went went at 1.15pm, most people left shortly after we arrived, the staff were wearing full visors and there was anti bac..., it was lovely to go out and feel 'normal'!

Anyone else taken advantage of the deal today?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Not today, but we're off for our favourite pub grub tomorrow evening. Can't wait to do something 'normal'! Glad you enjoyed xx
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Our M & S Cafe reopened today so popped in with DD this morning and had bacon rolls and drinks half price with staff discount too. DS gets his exam results tomorrow and loves a Carvery so have booked lunch at Toby Carvey but would have gone anyway irrespective of Eat out to help so intending to buy extra donations for the food bank with the savings.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Me and the 2 kids went to a brewers fayre for breakfast,each of us had a full English, continental, and unlimited drinks for £4.50 total!
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Yes ! Had booked to go out for hubbies birthday lunch today to spend a voucher we had received for Xmas ... so with the money off and using a gift voucher it was a win , win lunch ! Very nice and a taste of normality . All safety measures followed very well . The place was really busy too . Now where to go tomorrow , lol as I have the week off work
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Yes, we went to Miller & Carter this evening to celebrate DH's first day in his new job. Nice of Rishi to chip in to help out with the bill too!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We don’t usually eat out much but have decided to go for a family meal every Monday night while the offer is on. The meal was delicious and we will definitely go back. The pub had put a one way system in place, it was table service and the place seemed well organised. There were several large parties there though and we are supposed to be on local lockdown. Not much the restaurant can do about that though.
I’m off today so I may even go out for lunch too !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We booked our fav restaurant for lunch 2moro & again for the following Wednesday - cant wait to go. Restaurant owner even emailed us to say Thank you for the bookings and trusting them to keep us safe.
Old 11 Aug 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Yesterday we were out for a meal £20 for two adults one child, today was breakfast with friend, posh Eggs benedict royale, £9,50 for 2 of us, toby carvery this evening £7.85 for 1 adult, 1kid carvery, 2 drinks and ice cream for DD(also had NHS discount)
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Yesterday we were out for a meal £20 for two adults one child, today was breakfast with friend, posh Eggs benedict royale, £9,50 for 2 of us, toby carvery this evening £7.85 for 1 adult, 1kid carvery, 2 drinks and ice cream for DD(also had NHS discount)
We decided to go to Nandos today but as there was a 2 hour wait ended up in Morrisons cafe ! Two sandwiches, bowl of chips, side salad and two drinks for a fiver.
Unfortunately I still can’t go out with my friend because of our lockdown ( it doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone else though ! )
I wasn’t sure if I could still use my NHS card in Nandos.
It is nice this discount but Slimming World starts back next week and my weight gain over lockdown has been a disaster already
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List