Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 16, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

I always carry my passport, theme park or not. As the final hours of the holiday are in motion, I think I might be in the minority when I'm wishing my passport will vanish half way around a ride!

I wouldn't over think it unless you're prone to losing wallets / phones etc. Just don't wear it on the log flume at IOA... Made that mistake once.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think I would be keeping them on me in my handbag inside a zip lock bag.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Make sure you take a copy of the relevant page of your passport & driving licence with you & take those to the park instead if the real ones, lock real ones in main case as harder to carry off than hand luggage. Alternatively ask hotel to put any valuables/papers in their safe for you while your in park.

Edited at 07:10 AM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

You would not get through airport security without a passport. It's a no-brainer TBH - keep them with you.
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katie View Post
You would not get through airport security without a passport. It's a no-brainer TBH - keep them with you.
hmmm and put them in a locker at MIB/Mummy/FJ etc... where you can just ask the lady to open it because your fingerprint is not working? (having watched someone else put stuff in there so you can describe the contents)

This Easter at MIB my locker would not open:
"can you open this one - my print isn't working"
"sure maaaaaam what is in there?"
"my small black bag and a straw hat"
"there you go"

She did not even look to see if there was ID in there
Would not leave anything "valuable" in those lockers again...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your replies. The worry is taking them with me to universal when you have to leave your bag in a locker but maybe in pockets is an idea. It to us great to know that the hotel has a safe I can use and will probably go down that route. Many thanks again 😊
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by tiggersbestmate View Post
RPR has safety deposit boxes at reception, just ask when checking in and they take you to a room behind reception.
Can I ask how much they'd charge?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The safety deposit boxes are free to use if you're staying in the hotel. They are very easy and secure. You take away a key, you also have to sign each time you want to access your box.
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggersbestmate View Post
The safety deposit boxes are free to use if you're staying in the hotel. They are very easy and secure. You take away a key, you also have to sign each time you want to access your box.
That's great thanks for that information. Feel reassured and I will use the safety security boxes.
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't worry. There are few people that can get to your luggage, so if your passports disappear it won't be difficult to work out the culprit... Since your passport is an e-passport it isn't worth so much money now as forging them is too difficult...

I used to work in many "not so great" countries, and always used to check my luggage if it had been left. Not in case anything had been stolen - in case anything had been added
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread