Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question travelling with BA?

Ba have some pretty good prices for the dates we need but I've never travelled with them before.
Do they offer a night before check in/bag drop?
can you pre book seats together and if so how much do they charge?
does the hire car come with all in the insurance you need or are there extras to pay?
do you have to check in at the airport on departure or do they offer a early morning check in/bag drop service like virgin?
do they have an airport lounge?

anything else I should consider/know

I know its really just a means to an end but ds is autistic so need to work out if the possible savings are worth the potential stress of everything being different.
thanks
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have just just booked this BA for the first time and I think it was around 50 each way to book seats each or free 24 hours before you fly. But I just rang them up as I also have an autistic child and they booked mine and my child’s for free of charge. All the other questions you have asked I’ll like to no also.
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Danielle87 View Post
We have just just booked this BA for the first time and I think it was around 50 each way to book seats each or free 24 hours before you fly. But I just rang them up as I also have an autistic child and they booked mine and my child’s for free of charge. All the other questions you have asked I’ll like to no also.
Sorry to jump on this thread but one of my children is autistic does that mean we can be allocated seats for free? Did you just send them a doctors note? Also was it just you and your child or the whole party that got the seats? (Sorry for all the questions)
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

We always go BA with our grandsons who are autistic. As soon as we book we email them and say hello, us again! Give them the booking ref and they open the booking for us to select our seats there and then.
Last time we also found asking for the sunflower lanyard from customer services at Gatwick to be a huge help. We got put into the disabled queue for security at Gatwick, pulled out of the main line and sent to the US only line at MCO, and had the same coming back. It was great as both boys find standing in huge lines really stressful
You can also do twighlight check in as long as you flight is the following morning.. I`m not sure if the cut off is 12 or 1. Ours was 11.05 so we dropped ours the night before with no issue

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

With BA the car hire is with Avis and has all the insurances you need (unlike Virgin Holidays) if you join their frequent flyer club you can become Avis preferred meaning no queues you just turn up to the car and off you go
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Ba have some pretty good prices for the dates we need but I've never travelled with them before.
Do they offer a night before check in/bag drop?
can you pre book seats together and if so how much do they charge?
does the hire car come with all in the insurance you need or are there extras to pay?
do you have to check in at the airport on departure or do they offer a early morning check in/bag drop service like virgin?
do they have an airport lounge?

anything else I should consider/know

I know its really just a means to an end but ds is autistic so need to work out if the possible savings are worth the potential stress of everything being different.
thanks
I nearly always travel with BA. I don't hire cars thought so cant answer that and also I have never tried to check in the night before as I need too many things in the morning.

You can prebook seats although I think it is expensive, we travel club world and it is usually £80 - £120 per seat per leg. I think other classes are about £50.

They have lounges for business / first passengers and executive club member with at least silver status or the equivalent from a partner airline (one-world). They don't have a pay to enter lounge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always travel with BA as much for ease of flight but the car hire through Avis is always really great and straight forward. It also helps that I seem to be able to get a price for a flight and car of less than a flight elsewhere.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

They have twilight check in, think it’s between 4pm and 9pm. Every time I’ve used it, I’ve been the only one, beats queuing on the day.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

We prefer BA to Virgin.
I’ve never used twiglight check in, so I don’t know if BA do it.
No, they do not have a downtown Disney check in, we are content with going to tge airport.
Yes, the car hire is with Avis/Budget and does cone with all taxes and charges in tge price. If you join BA Executive Club (it’s free) then you get a second driver for free.
And join Avis preferred (again free) you can go straight to the booth to get your car. Car is allocated not choose from row.

BA have a business and Furst lounge at Gatwick, but only for those travelling in Club World and above or with BA silver card and above.

There are paid for lounges in Gatwick you can book however
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread but one of my children is autistic does that mean we can be allocated seats for free? Did you just send them a doctors note? Also was it just you and your child or the whole party that got the seats? (Sorry for all the questions)
no worries at all we are a party of three but my husband wanted extra leg room so we paid for his seat. But they sat me and my daughter together. I just rang up that’s all.
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List