Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Aug 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Great post on tolls. Need to sign up. If you forget to pick up your fob are you charged
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dibdobber View Post
Thats right - had printed off confirmation email, he checked his i-pad and that was pretty much it. The bit about "drop it off or it will be $10" took longer than anything else. I share your keenness to get off asap and this didn't get in the way very much at all and it was great avoiding the toll booths and sailing through!
I suppose the only other question that a cynical old man like me would have.

I see that it's activated as soon as you leave the garage and they send you an email confirming activation. I've seen some Dibbers having to wait for the email but we hit this toll plaza about 10 minutes after leaving the garage.

Fingers crossed that it's working when I stay in the left hand lanes.

Hopefully VTP will be a success and it will bring an end to my regular posts about keeping right and giving the attendant no more than a $20 bill if you want to pay cash.

Mick
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

For anyone who has already used the VTP can you answer this question ... we have to drive back to MCO twice to collect our kids I’m assuming when we drive back into the multi story car park the VTP won’t deactive as I put our end date at January 4th
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As far as i know the deactivation is all about the date you enter when booking rather than the location?
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this info I have just signed up for our Oct trip. Brilliant post
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
For anyone who has already used the VTP can you answer this question ... we have to drive back to MCO twice to collect our kids I’m assuming when we drive back into the multi story car park the VTP won’t deactive as I put our end date at January 4th
The advantage of the MCO run for the kids is you can use the SunPass lane to exit the garage and not stop to pay the parking fee. Win win.

Not that I have done it mind as I am a cash person!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you to the original poster for getting this information out there. Spending a few minutes getting this will save the hassle of ensuring I have change etc
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Keithdavies175
Proud to wear my Ears

A number of people have mentioned drop offs at other locations to MCO wont work. But will the $10 fee be cheaper than picking up the normal Hire Car charges for tolls?
Keithdavies175 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keithdavies175 View Post
A number of people have mentioned drop offs at other locations to MCO wont work. But will the $10 fee be cheaper than picking up the normal Hire Car charges for tolls?
normal toll charge with some companies can be $19.75 just for using their transponder + toll costs (there are other companies with higher costs). This eliminates that charge & gives a discount on the toll costs too.

Signed up for May
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Keithdavies175 View Post
Every car hire company has different daily and maximum admin charges. Alamo and Avis are best at $19.75 maximum (plus toll charges). Alamo is a daily USAGE charge of $3.95 per day.

All Sunpass schemes in Florida are "toll by plate" and automatically works without switching anything on in the car. I guess that the VTP works and then disables the camera that would normally trigger the Sunpass charge

Mick

Edited at 11:07 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List