Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Aug 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Travel vest for parks?

Hi, just wondering if instead of a bag we would be able to wear a travel vest with multiple pockets and go on the rides or do you think we would have to remove them? I know people wear cargo shorts which are similar regarding the pockets. Just trying to distribute the weight more and not have to use lockers unless absolutely necessary. Any idea if this would be allowed? Thank you
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I imagine they would hot but otherwise don't know
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

You would be allowed but I think it would be too hot.

What do you absolutely need to take. I take a bumbag if I take my camera but my preference is to put my phone in my pockets and my magic band on my wrist and take nothing else.

We’ve gone from years of lugging a backpack to realising that we need very little and if we do urgently need something we can get it in the parks. At a cost. But it’s worth the very occasional cost for the freedom of not carrying anything.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

If you obviously have a loads of stuff on your body in pockets without zips to stop it falling out of them you may not be allowed on certain rides, definitely in Universal, they are really hot on that since someone lost an eye being hit by a coin out of someones pocket when on Dueling Dragons. WDW are a lot more lenient as not many rides like that - we wear cargo shorts, all the pockets of which have proper closure. We, like BevS97, carry very little in the parks anyway, we dont even carry water, we just use the drinking fountains and despite what others say have never felt the water tasted bad.
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hi, the vests have zips on the pockets and it's mainly to carry a phone, camera, drink and money.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi, the vests have zips on the pockets and it's mainly to carry a phone, camera, drink and money.
DH was not allowed onto the Hulk at universal with a phone in a zipped pocket, he still had to put it in a locker.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Hi, just wondering if instead of a bag we would be able to wear a travel vest with multiple pockets and go on the rides or do you think we would have to remove them? I know people wear cargo shorts which are similar regarding the pockets. Just trying to distribute the weight more and not have to use lockers unless absolutely necessary. Any idea if this would be allowed? Thank you
It'll be fine at Disney. You can take backpacks on all the rides there (I think) so a travel vest should be ok. Whereas at certain rides at Universal you'll be asked either to remove the vest or to remove all the items from the vest.

However, as already said, wearing an additional travel vest will be a bit hot during half of the year in Florida. You might be ok if going in the winter months though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
We're going in December and it is just polyester cotton, no thicker than a shirt.
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We're going in December and it is just polyester cotton, no thicker than a shirt.
If you're going in December then you're probably ok. It's usually not too hot then - in fact sometimes it can be quite cold. Whereas in summer I wouldn't want to be wearing an additional shirt over the top of a t-shirt even if it was thin.

I think it comes down to personal preference. If it was cold I'd probably wear a thin coat and have trousers on, so I'd have pockets to keep stuff in anyway. When it's warmer, then we tend to take a small backpack to put our stuff in. Although next year DW and DD are considering taking bumbags instead.

As mentioned, for some of the rides at Universal you'll be asked to remove all objects from your pockets and put them in a locker.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List