Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

All I care about is getting to my destination safely without my personal space encroached , without a parent thinking everyone should “parent “ their child because they don’t want to.
Without drunks and people who have dubious hygiene.
We should also not have to listen to the latest thing of kids and adults playing games or FaceTiming on full volume without a headset , that is just a sheer lack of courtesy .

We sat in CW two years ago with a family with three children one of whom was 12 months old and they were quiet the whole flight , the mother told me that she was almost brought to tears on the way out due to a male passenger repeatedly complaining to the FA that the children should not be in CW and asking for them to be moved to EC .. I was incredulous people can be so awful .

Edited at 02:56 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

While I don’t particularly like children or the idea of sitting on a 9 hour flight with a screaming child, I also think if pay then you should be allowed to, I once had a child who was seated in front stand in the aisle for most of the flight with his hand on my leg looking at me with a very snotty nose and who was then sick on my hand luggage, his dad moved seat to the empty seat in the row in front of where he was sitting. I also find adult more annoying we have just come back this morning and there was a little girl across from us Who’s Parents and grandparents fussed so much over her because she didn’t enjoy the flight out they were constantly standing in the aisle and the grandparents were kneeling on their seats leaning over the back half the flight to check on her all the while the girl was fine and slept most of the flight, she was no bother but if I had been the two people sitting at the back of those grandparents I would have been raging (the mother and child were 2 seats in the back row of pe in the middle and the grandparents and father were in front).
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I think I'll just have to accept that I'm in a minority who have had more experience of screaming (and I mean SCREAMING) children on planes than adults. Of 20 flights in my life I've had several flights where children just. would. not. shut. up.

Worse, twice the parents were doing nothing to help. I reserve my ill will for them, not the child - they didn't drag themselves onto a plane with little to do, hardly anywhere to play and where the pressure hurts their ears and germs fill the cabins recirculated air, the parents brought them along as they wanted a trip for themselves, clearly forgetting that they actually have to pay attention to their children at some point. Maybe ignoring it sounded good at first, but sometime during the second hour I think another tactic might have been worth a go!

I'm flying economy virgin next year and crossing my fingers I'll get lucky with people around us. Losing premium from Thomas Cook was a blow - we had far less disruption than when we flew economy airtanker with them, I'm hoping virgin isn't the same.

It's my problem I suppose but if an airline had child-free flights for say another 15-20% I'd be on them like a shot. But I also support the banning of all alcohol from airports and planes, or at the very least someone be added to a lifetime no-fly list for any drunken and disorderly behavior, so I'd like to see that implemented as well.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 03:06 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes they should is this thread designed to start an argument?😀
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No I dont think they should, think there should be a cut off of 10years old any under that then no.

I was on a night flight just last week in economy, and had to listen to a little boy about 2.5yrs old, shout & scream, kick the back of my seat, only for his mum to start singing "The wheels on the bus" at 2.30am. Mum was very loud and had no consideration at all for the rest of the passengers, think she thought the rest of the passengers loved her boy as much as she did.

So if I had paid for either 1st or business and had to put up with this I would be fuming.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I also think if you are flying to a holiday destination catering for children like Orlando in particular if you expect not to be near them then there is something wrong.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Airlines are businesses, families are big money. We fly premium and upper all the time, generally very few problems in either cabin. In upper we did have one flight when 4 people were at the bar all night being very loud, in the end the crew did ask them to keep it down. In premium I once saw 4 Mums flying with 4 young kids and they completely abandoned the kids for the flight. The Mums all sat on a row of 4 with the kids behind, the adults never got up.

Someone saying that they think it's cheeky to book business class as it's for people working. Err no it's not that's just a term now (hence why Virgin called it upper class) and certainly does not apply to who is in the cabin these days. Lot's of retired couple, families, yes business travellers and younger couples.

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pandagirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I have no issue at all with children in Business class - you buy a ticket for them, they get a seat, regardless of cabin.
However, we were lucky enough to fly Virgin UC and were slightly surprised when the woman sitting across from us was visited by the rest of her family who were sitting in Economy and then left her grandchild with her to babysit while they had a sleep!
On the same flight, the couple next to us were also visited by their family - they crowded round their seats, perched at the bar, made it awkward to get past to the bathrooms but my favourite bit was when the daughter complained about her Economy meal, her mum said “do you want a burger? You can order extra food in here” - erm, yes the people who have paid for an UC fare can order food, not sure it is ethical to buy an Economy seat and then spend most of the flight in another cabin? Really surprised the crew didn’t say anything.
pandagirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
I have no issue at all with children in Business class - you buy a ticket for them, they get a seat, regardless of cabin.
However, we were lucky enough to fly Virgin UC and were slightly surprised when the woman sitting across from us was visited by the rest of her family who were sitting in Economy and then left her grandchild with her to babysit while they had a sleep!
On the same flight, the couple next to us were also visited by their family - they crowded round their seats, perched at the bar, made it awkward to get past to the bathrooms but my favourite bit was when the daughter complained about her Economy meal, her mum said “do you want a burger? You can order extra food in here” - erm, yes the people who have paid for an UC fare can order food, not sure it is ethical to buy an Economy seat and then spend most of the flight in another cabin? Really surprised the crew didn’t say anything.
Agreed. We had an upper class flight on the Orlando route where the bar is quite close to some seats where we were sat. A guy travelling for business had 3 other guys come up from Premium for a drink. Fine no problem to us ... but 2 hours later it just seemed rude as no one else could use the bar and it made the quite small cabin quite busy. I did mention it and the crew asked the premium people to return to their seat!

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Yes they should is this thread designed to start an argument?😀
it wasn't intended that way it was just a question as I mentioned earlier my daughter had an experience where a man objected to her quiet and sleeping children in buisness class.

It does seem like it has become recline or not type thread.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List