Notices

Old 22 Jan 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So.….. hopefully this is my final ADR update for this trip. Up until now I had only booked one for our off 16 nights in the Orlando area. This has now risen to 3 in the last few minutes but I'm pretty sure I am done now so not a bad effort at restraint at all.

I have added A T Rex dinner. Benjamin just loves dinosaurs. He was shouting at the TV when I showed him a Vlog of it so I think this will be a winner for him.

The next is one I only just thought of. We have booked a lunch at Beaches and Cream. We had this booked last time and missed it due to the rider swap taking longer than we expected for FOP at AK. We will give this a go this time and as there is 6 of us I don't see the Kitchen sink being too much of a challenge.

I also added a dinner at Sci Fi dine in at HS. This looks like fun and have seen lots of Vlogs with it. Good theming and something different for this kids that we would struggle to find similar off site.

So that's it. I'm going to post my current itinerary shortly as it is taking shape now. Hopefully it will make me realise any big mistakes I have made or someone helpful will point them out to me.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Good choices Paul! As you know we've also booked TREX for the dinos are you getting a Landry's card? You can use it here and also means you don't need an ADR (bit pointless now haha)

I've debated Beaches and Cream so much for when we stay at BWV's but decided not to go for it. Looking forward to see what you think.

Sci-Fi looks fab, I've heard good reviews of it.

I'll happily have a look at the itinerary when you post it, you know I like a good plan X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

You are absolutely right on them being clever, it is definitely a good hook to try and pull people like us into a few nights onsite! By the time we do a couple of character meals that would cost us $250 plus, we might as well just book a room with free dining! I think your DXDDP upgrade sounds a good choice for giving you the chance to fit in the characters and the signature dining you want.

Your additional ADRs sound good too. We did T Rex back in 2015 and enjoyed it, and it isn’t too expensive, plus you can get the Landry’s card too as caitlynsmummy says. Our older boys were 6 and 4 then and liked it. The only downside for me was then being persuaded to buy them Build a Dinos which bumped up the cost!

Beaches and Cream and Sci Fi sounds fun too and again I think both are at the cheaper end of Disney dining from what I have seen, so probably better out of pocket than using credits
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Florida July 2020 Itinerary - 1st Draft

So this is how things look at the moment. I'm hoping this is fairly close to how it will finish up. Fastpasses could force some small alterations but hopefully not too much.

Tuesday 30th June

I finish work around 15:00. Sally and Chloe will have already finished so we will pick Emma up from school and make tracks to Gatwick.

Premier Inn North for the night and will book a table to have the meal deal we have booked.

Wednesday 1st July

Fly Gatwick to Tampa. Collect car and settle at Yacht Club. No other plans.

Thursday 2nd July

08:05 Breakfast at Crystal Palace.

Magic Kingdom

17:15 Dinner at Yachtsman Steak House

Friday 3rd July

07:45 Breakfast at Cape May

Epcot

16:35 Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table

Saturday 4th July

07:45 Bon Voyage Breakfast

Hollywood Studios

19:05 dinner at Narcoosees

Sunday 5th July

07:45 Breakfast at O'Hana

Magic Kingdom

17:55 dinner at Tiffins with River Of Light package

Monday 6th July

EMH at Animal Kingdom

10:15 Breakfast at Tusker House

Check out of Yacht Club and into villa.

19:10 Dinner at California Grill

Tuesday 7th July

REST DAY - Collect Sam from MCO about 16:00

BBQ/Takeaway or Restaurant

Wednesday 8th July

Rope Drop at Hollywood studios (morning/afternoon)

Dinner off site

Thursday 9th July

Magic Kingdom morning/afternoon

Friday 10th July

Epcot morning/afternoon

Saturday 11th July

Animal Kingdom morning/afternoon

Sunday 12th July

Animal Kingdom Afternoon/ evening

Monday 13th July

morning at Typhoon Lagoon

Date night for Sally and I in the evening. Will likely book the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf when it becomes available then drinks at either the Monorail resorts or DS. Uber/Lyft will be used for the first time ever!

Tuesday 14th July

Rest day - maybe a little shopping

16:30 dinner at T Rex

Wednesday 15th July

SeaWorld all day - Open til close if we can get everything done

Thursday 16th July

Magic Kingdom Afternoon / Evening HEA

Friday 17th July

Morning at Aquatica

Afternoon/evening at Epcot - Epcot Forever

Saturday 18th July

Rest day = Maybe have a nose at I Drive and Star Flyer

Sunday 19th July

Rest day = Maybe Disney Springs

Late lunch at 14:55 at Beaches and Cream - Likely Skyliner trips

Monday 20th July

Morning at Blizzard Beach

Afternoon / evening at Hollywood Studios

16:40 dinner at Sci Fi Dine In

Tuesday 21st July

Morning at SeaWorld if needed

Evening at Magic Kingdom - Possibly a HEA Cruise from Poly if I have any mad moments

Wednesday 22nd July

Check out of villa and maybe do Busch Gardens for the day on route to Cape Coral.

No firm plans for 5 nights in Cape Coral yet.

Possible second day at Busch if needed.
Hopefully one day out on a boat and have made contact with a captain to do this.

I certainly need to have a sensible list of off site restaurants or breakfasts and dinners but I think I have most of these in mind.

Any major slip ups?
Does anyone know if you have to collect the free gift card from Disney Springs during your stay? Just wondered if I could leave that until we have checked out and collect out $300 gift card later in the trip?
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Good choices Paul! As you know we've also booked TREX for the dinos are you getting a Landry's card? You can use it here and also means you don't need an ADR (bit pointless now haha)

I've debated Beaches and Cream so much for when we stay at BWV's but decided not to go for it. Looking forward to see what you think.

Sci-Fi looks fab, I've heard good reviews of it.

I'll happily have a look at the itinerary when you post it, you know I like a good plan X
I was going to get a Landry's card last time we went and never got round to it. I was always going to get one this time but now I've booked an ADR I'm not sure I'll bother. I seem to remember that you can't use the sign up bonus and the birthday bonus in one sitting any more so I don't think I'll get any benefit.

I had forgotten all about Beached and cream but would like to give it a shot on a relaxed afternoon.

I'm looking forward to Sci Fi as it's something different for the kids.

I'm not sure I have a good plan but it feels like it's coming together.
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
You are absolutely right on them being clever, it is definitely a good hook to try and pull people like us into a few nights onsite! By the time we do a couple of character meals that would cost us $250 plus, we might as well just book a room with free dining! I think your DXDDP upgrade sounds a good choice for giving you the chance to fit in the characters and the signature dining you want.

Your additional ADRs sound good too. We did T Rex back in 2015 and enjoyed it, and it isn’t too expensive, plus you can get the Landry’s card too as caitlynsmummy says. Our older boys were 6 and 4 then and liked it. The only downside for me was then being persuaded to buy them Build a Dinos which bumped up the cost!

Beaches and Cream and Sci Fi sounds fun too and again I think both are at the cheaper end of Disney dining from what I have seen, so probably better out of pocket than using credits
I think we are both testament to the fact that their marketing works. I definitely would not have spent 5 nights on site this year were it not for the dining plan.

The three ADR's I have chosen are pretty much the least expensive menus of the table service options and all offer a little something we won't find off site. I think the kids will like all three of them which is the main aim.

I did see the build a dino on a Vlog last night... I just know I'll end up getting stung by that too
Old 22 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So this is how things look at the moment. I'm hoping this is fairly close to how it will finish up. Fastpasses could force some small alterations but hopefully not too much.

Tuesday 30th June

I finish work around 15:00. Sally and Chloe will have already finished so we will pick Emma up from school and make tracks to Gatwick.

Premier Inn North for the night and will book a table to have the meal deal we have booked.

Wednesday 1st July

Fly Gatwick to Tampa. Collect car and settle at Yacht Club. No other plans.

Thursday 2nd July

08:05 Breakfast at Crystal Palace.

Magic Kingdom

17:15 Dinner at Yachtsman Steak House

Friday 3rd July

07:45 Breakfast at Cape May

Epcot

16:35 Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table

Saturday 4th July

07:45 Bon Voyage Breakfast

Hollywood Studios

19:05 dinner at Narcoosees

Sunday 5th July

07:45 Breakfast at O'Hana

Magic Kingdom

17:55 dinner at Tiffins with River Of Light package

Monday 6th July

EMH at Animal Kingdom

10:15 Breakfast at Tusker House

Check out of Yacht Club and into villa.

19:10 Dinner at California Grill

Tuesday 7th July

REST DAY - Collect Sam from MCO about 16:00

BBQ/Takeaway or Restaurant

Wednesday 8th July

Rope Drop at Hollywood studios (morning/afternoon)

Dinner off site

Thursday 9th July

Magic Kingdom morning/afternoon

Friday 10th July

Epcot morning/afternoon

Saturday 11th July

Animal Kingdom morning/afternoon

Sunday 12th July

Animal Kingdom Afternoon/ evening

Monday 13th July

morning at Typhoon Lagoon

Date night for Sally and I in the evening. Will likely book the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf when it becomes available then drinks at either the Monorail resorts or DS. Uber/Lyft will be used for the first time ever!

Tuesday 14th July

Rest day - maybe a little shopping

16:30 dinner at T Rex

Wednesday 15th July

SeaWorld all day - Open til close if we can get everything done

Thursday 16th July

Magic Kingdom Afternoon / Evening HEA

Friday 17th July

Morning at Aquatica

Afternoon/evening at Epcot - Epcot Forever

Saturday 18th July

Rest day = Maybe have a nose at I Drive and Star Flyer

Sunday 19th July

Rest day = Maybe Disney Springs

Late lunch at 14:55 at Beaches and Cream - Likely Skyliner trips

Monday 20th July

Morning at Blizzard Beach

Afternoon / evening at Hollywood Studios

16:40 dinner at Sci Fi Dine In

Tuesday 21st July

Morning at SeaWorld if needed

Evening at Magic Kingdom - Possibly a HEA Cruise from Poly if I have any mad moments

Wednesday 22nd July

Check out of villa and maybe do Busch Gardens for the day on route to Cape Coral.

No firm plans for 5 nights in Cape Coral yet.

Possible second day at Busch if needed.
Hopefully one day out on a boat and have made contact with a captain to do this.

I certainly need to have a sensible list of off site restaurants or breakfasts and dinners but I think I have most of these in mind.

Any major slip ups?
Does anyone know if you have to collect the free gift card from Disney Springs during your stay? Just wondered if I could leave that until we have checked out and collect out $300 gift card later in the trip?
The plans look fab, I'm loving all the chill days, joys of having a longer trip!

We had to collect the giftcard from World Of Disney at DS. I had a letter from my Tour Operator which stated about the free giftcard, I just showed that and collected it. Not sure if you need to collect it before you check out though? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like an excellent, well balanced itinerary.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m pretty sure with the gift card you have to collect it before you check out! Or at least that’s what we got told a few years ago! I’m sure the rely on people forgetting and not picking it up so they save themselves some money 😂 plans are looking great, I’m sure you’ll change them around a few times more before your trip 🙈
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The plans look fab, I'm loving all the chill days, joys of having a longer trip!

We had to collect the giftcard from World Of Disney at DS. I had a letter from my Tour Operator which stated about the free giftcard, I just showed that and collected it. Not sure if you need to collect it before you check out though? X
The main reason I wanted to go for a longer trip again was do that we could have plenty of chilling time. We will stay flexible though. If we have a rest day planned and fancy a park then we will go. By the same token we don't have a problem binning plans off if we don't fancy them. I WILL NOT come back feeling like I need another holiday when I will have used almost a year's annual leave for this one