Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
Is that due to a different type of room now being the only one available?

Alternatively I wonder if there’s some correlation with the exchange rate. Sterling seems lower every time I check.
no it was like for like- standard room, I agree its probably exchange rate related

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I don’t think we will see a DDP offer(if) until they have reopened and things have settled. So maybe August? I really hope it’s earlier though. 🤞🏼 And that I’m wrong and it’s tomorrow! 😂

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

i don't think there will be free dining now for 2021 after yesterdays announcement All stars and buying the dining plan is cheaper than POFQ with free dining but there was no availability for May on the Disney site when i looked yesterday, there is for early September though so debating whether to change my plans- we want to go in May though so might just scrap it all until May 2022

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
i don't think there will be free dining now for 2021 after yesterdays announcement All stars and buying the dining plan is cheaper than POFQ with free dining but there was no availability for May on the Disney site when i looked yesterday, there is for early September though so debating whether to change my plans- we want to go in May though so might just scrap it all until May 2022
I am seriously thinking about sacking it off for next year.

1 - it’s too expensive if the experience is lesser than previous. The photos from Shanghai make the experience look so sterile.
2 - no character hugs. Even as adults that’s a big thing for us. My wife even said if I can’t hug Mickey what’s the point.
3 - yesterday the virtual queue for the World of Disney store in Springs was 6 hours long. I won’t say anything else - just let that sink in.
4 - flights. I want to see what happens. Will they go back to anywhere near normal? And how will distancing work? If there’s still cases about I am not sure I want to be on a 10 hour flight. Those BA flights I’ve seen recently scare the hell out of me.

Finally - I’ve not seen anyone mention insurance. Will insurance cover you if you contract COVID abroad and have to isolate abroad? Or are hospitalised in the US? I would say potentially not unless you pay a huge price. It’s something else that hasn’t really been bottomed out anywhere. I know COVID related changes were made to my annual policy. I need to look at what the changes were (didn’t really care at the time, I think I probably should care)

Stay safe
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
I am seriously thinking about sacking it off for next year.

1 - it’s too expensive if the experience is lesser than previous. The photos from Shanghai make the experience look so sterile.
2 - no character hugs. Even as adults that’s a big thing for us. My wife even said if I can’t hug Mickey what’s the point.
3 - yesterday the virtual queue for the World of Disney store in Springs was 6 hours long. I won’t say anything else - just let that sink in.
4 - flights. I want to see what happens. Will they go back to anywhere near normal? And how will distancing work? If there’s still cases about I am not sure I want to be on a 10 hour flight. Those BA flights I’ve seen recently scare the hell out of me.

Finally - I’ve not seen anyone mention insurance. Will insurance cover you if you contract COVID abroad and have to isolate abroad? Or are hospitalised in the US? I would say potentially not unless you pay a huge price. It’s something else that hasn’t really been bottomed out anywhere. I know COVID related changes were made to my annual policy. I need to look at what the changes were (didn’t really care at the time, I think I probably should care)

Stay safe
Depending when you are planning to go next year I would say that a lot can change regarding restrictions. I’m pretty certain that it will be back to normal or near normal by August 2021 which is when we plan to go. If not we will move the booking to the following year

The queues will settle down, we went to McDonald’s on saturday and the queue was over an hour long. Normally there is no way I’d queue that amount of time but there isn’t much else to do at the moment.

With regards to insurance most insurance companies are covering you for any medical costs associated with COVID 19 when away even on new bookings. Our insurance won’t cover us for for cancellation due to covid but I’m happy with that as the if it did get cancelled due to covid then we would claim back through credit card.

Everyone needs to make a decision which is right for them. We have always wanted to go back next year as it’s my 40th end of July, sons 16th in August and end of GCSE’s. Can’t wait to get back
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
Depending when you are planning to go next year I would say that a lot can change regarding restrictions. I’m pretty certain that it will be back to normal or near normal by August 2021 which is when we plan to go. If not we will move the booking to the following year
We're leaning to leaving as much of the booking until as late as we can.

Get a full refund for everything we've booked for this year.
If they release free DDP we will book Disney hotel with a single person and just pay the deposit.

See how restrictions go; if they're still in place leave it. Most we lose is Disney deposit.
If OK but struggling with flights, etc. we just lose Disney deposit.

If we do go, add other party members, no amendment fee because it is an increase to booking.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyS
I want to go now!

Mobile

I’ve just had the following email from a Supervisor at Kenwood Travel:

Thank you for your email, Disney will be releasing the free dinning offer but we haven’t been given a date.

Hopefully won’t be much longer.

So by going on the assumption that this information is correct, it’s simply a question of when, not if!
DisneyS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
We're leaning to leaving as much of the booking until as late as we can.

Get a full refund for everything we've booked for this year.
If they release free DDP we will book Disney hotel with a single person and just pay the deposit.

See how restrictions go; if they're still in place leave it. Most we lose is Disney deposit.
If OK but struggling with flights, etc. we just lose Disney deposit.

If we do go, add other party members, no amendment fee because it is an increase to booking.
Hi hope you don’t mind me asking but how does the book for one person work?
There’s 4 of us (2a & 2c) do I just book the hotel for me and pay the £50 deposit and then when flights and (if) free dining plan are released add these and the other people once we know we can go?
Also do most people book flights with Disney or just do them separately?
We did a TUI package for last year.
Thanks
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

At what point will people give up on the free dining offer? I would book all star movies if no free dining but not sure how long to wait! Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
At what point will people give up on the free dining offer? I would book all star movies if no free dining but not sure how long to wait! Thanks
this is my issue too as its not showing for my dates in May already on the Disney site (not sure about other companies)

2025- Seville