Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 May 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed at broadwalk and old key west renting dvc points.
Was excellent
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Stayed at broadwalk and old key west renting dvc points.
Was excellent
Boardwalk is our favourite- 1 bed booked for Xmas, just hoping we get there.
Old 29 May 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is why I hope so much to go this year in October because I’m priced out of next year already (at least as far as I can see. Flights are not all available yet)

One day I will have the money for DVC!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I genuinely can't believe the price next year. Our holiday including 10 nights in CBR with free dining which has now been cancelled for July is costing £2400 more for next year at the same time, currently without dining. I'm not prepared to pay that and am left with the situation the wife doesn't want to stay in a villa and my kids don't want to stay at Universal. Aaaaaggggghhhhh
Nippydan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Looking at disney accommodation for march 2021 and getting price well over what we normally pay.
Did a comparison with year on year sept 20 and sept 21 for all stars music resort and yes its £560 more expensive with like for like rooms.
is this
1. because Disney normally increase the prices prior to releasing the free ddp to make it look like its a free offer when really its £560 more than usual ( I know the value resorts get the free breakfast that can be used anytime of the day a 1x qs)

2. to gauge the market to see what demand will be like and help claw back some of the lost revenue during the closure

3. because numbers at the parks will be limited due to social distancing people staying at disney accommodation will get priority access to the parks whereas people staying offsite will have limited access

4. all of the above

Good grief 😳 that’s a huge increase! I think universal is looking a more appealing stay by the day.
Old 30 May 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Strange, looking at same offering for us for next year and it's currently £30 cheaper...
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

There are plenty of decent off-site hotels available from $60 a night. Plus car hire/Uber

Personally, I would book a Dibb villa. Could do 5 nights on site and the rest in a villa
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
These price rises are ridiculous.

This is why I bought DVC. To hedge against these prices.

Back in 2016 you could get a 150 point resale contract for under $10000 which then gets you a studio in DVC deluxe for around $80 a night in ‘dues cost’ for around 10 nights a year for nearly 40 years with a healthy profit on rentals if you don’t want to use it and have been able to sell it for a good profit.

Prices have gone up since then but they have come down a bit recently.

Not for everyone but may work for some- particularly if you go every year and resale prices depress down a bit further.

Not worth it though if you are happy staying in value or moderate, only if you’d really like to stay in deluxe. Also research a lot before considering.

Ironically, the more it costs cash, the more parking charges etc (DVC don’t pay), the more valuable DVC gets.
I really wish I understood DVC but my tiny brain just can't wrap the last remaining brain cells around it 😥 I have tried to grasp it through the dibb explanation but still no idea! 🤦
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

I might even consider one of their good neighbour hotels with the 60 days fast pass when and if things go back to normal .If they keep increasing their prices like that there will come a point when staying onsite will not be worth the expense
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve found that when there is no free dining offer on they usually have a discount on the rack rate approx 20% or so many free nights. With 3 of us it usually worked out a better deal with free dining but with 2 it was about the same.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List