Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile Booking via us disney site

Has anybody booked a trip to disney via the us site even though they stay in the uk? Ive booked dlp using german disney site before so wondered if it can be done via us site?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not personally but a few people on here have.
I think the main thing is if you’re booking a package you won’t get access to our 14/21 day ultimates with (normally!) park hopping, water parks and the photo package (name escapes me right now) included.
The US Disney tickets tend to be more expensive for fewer days and less perks, but I’m guessing the money saved elsewhere makes it worthwhile.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not having memory maker wouldnt be the end of the world. Id like a few days onsite so if i can get that via the us site id be very very happy
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes we did a couple of years ago to get free dining after missing out on the UK offer. There were no issues.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes we did a couple of years ago to get free dining after missing out on the UK offer. There were no issues.
Thats really good to know. I had a peek on the us site and stays beyond 31st december cant be booked but im amazed at how much more accommadation choice is there
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Thats really good to know. I had a peek on the us site and stays beyond 31st december cant be booked but im amazed at how much more accommadation choice is there
There's loads of categories of rooms the UK agents don't get offered. We gave up on UK Travel agents in 2003, bought annual passes and starting booking room only with AP discount through a US agent. Never bother with dining plan either free or paid, can't beat a TIW card.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it depends a lot on the exchange rate, how many nights you want to stay etc. I prefer the UK free dining deal and getting the 14 day ultimates. The year we booked via the US site we managed fine with 10 day tickets and the exchange rate wasn’t bad so we got an ok price but in recent years I’ve found it really expensive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not having memory maker wouldnt be the end of the world. Id like a few days onsite so if i can get that via the us site id be very very happy
Memory Maker! How ironic that I forgot the name of it 😂
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

For our first few trips we did the usual package via a UK travel agent and then we booked DIY using the UK Disney site with the DDP. After speaking to some USA folk on one of our trips we decided to experiment on the USA site for our next trip and have used it ever since.

We also have APs and have had some great discounts.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does the annual pass work out a good deal for your money? How many trips a year do you manage?