Notices

Old 21 Jun 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes I think the situation for annual placeholders, DVC members, Florida residents is a bit trickier than for those of us with one trip booked and our 14 or 21 day tickets. I agree that reserving a park at Christmas and Easter is likely to be the most difficult as those are the times of the year when the parks tend to reach capacity. If it were me I would prioritise the most popular dates first rather than doing the reservations in chronological order, so presumably Christmas Day, New Years Eve...But I've never been at Christmas so I'm not sure beyond that what to suggest. I hope you get lucky with that booking. For what it's worth Arpil is still a long way off and lots can change so even if you don't get linked in the next day or so hopefully it won't make a difference to park reservations. Also, if capacity increases then so will the park reservation slots so you may find you can book them up nearer the time. Maybe it will be like the hard to find ADRs that pop up a few days before because people are changing their plans.
Feel guilty for even stressing about this as know I'm very lucky to be going to Disney more than once next year. I'll definitely be going for Christmas Day first! Wondering if I should be looking at different holidays but really want to make the most of the APs... Am worried about how my ASD son will cope with a very different WDW and really hoping the DAS scheme is still there in some form... So many unknowns so understand why some people are delaying till 2022 but can't bring myself to have such a long break!

Love your ideas for Disney at Home especially the idea of your Mum spraying you all with the hose You all sound so upbeat about it and I'm sure you will have fun whatever happens.

Are you feeling more excited about your October holiday? Have your started a TR as that sounds amazing too.

Got to laugh - reminder just came up to book Candlelight Processional today... To think those were my planning worries a few months ago - now I just want to be able to enter a park!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh boy, so glad I checked in today!

I also thought that it was only 60 days ahead for park reservations. I thought I had weeks to plan!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wow, this Disney park reservation is taking planning to a whole new level even for Disney. We haven’t even decided if we want to go to Disney next year but it might be out of our hands by the time we come to book something.

I was loving your theory of it being a bit like fast passes and dependant on your resort dates when you could book the parks, that would make much more sense than booking everything now till September 2021 - you should pack in teaching and be a Disney advisor 😂

I’m glad things are going well at school. I was in 3 days this week organising stuff, we have been told to enforce 2m distancing which means we can take in a 3rd but the Scottish government are also saying we should take in 50%, maybe they need to go back and do a maths course 😂 who knows maybe we will be down to 1m by August. I can’t believe we finish on Friday.

Kate’s idea of Disney at home sounds great. I’m so pleased you got to have your mum and dad round.

We should have been heading away next Sunday 😢 will just need to find other things to do. Our sunset on our beach was very holiday like last night so hopefully lots more of these.

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Catching up with the many updates, and how they're impacting your holiday. I'm glad at least that you now have some info from Disney and have been able to accept the 35% discount along with the refund from your upgraded dining plan. As you say, this will cover your food costs at least, so that's something.

I hope it all goes well tomorrow (or Tuesday) or whenever you decide to log in to book your park days - I imagine it could be chaos. I think it's a good idea to stick with the plan you have as much as you can, and book your park days around that.

So pleased for you that you've managed to get back into school for a few days and see some of the kids. It must be a little strange, but I guess better than nothing?

I love that Kate and your mum have been busy planning a virtual Disney holiday for you at home, in case you don't manage to get away. I bet your Mum would love soaking you all with the hose . Isn't it lovely that we can now spend a bit more time with friends and family? We had a BBQ in my sister's garden on Friday night, and yesterday we spent the afternoon with Neil's parents in their garden - the first time we had seen them since February! Thank goodness for nice weather the past few days, although it's cloudy here today.

Keep the updates coming Abby - I need to read about a holiday that might still happen now that both of mine are cancelled

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Feel guilty for even stressing about this as know I'm very lucky to be going to Disney more than once next year. I'll definitely be going for Christmas Day first! Wondering if I should be looking at different holidays but really want to make the most of the APs... Am worried about how my ASD son will cope with a very different WDW and really hoping the DAS scheme is still there in some form... So many unknowns so understand why some people are delaying till 2022 but can't bring myself to have such a long break!

Love your ideas for Disney at Home especially the idea of your Mum spraying you all with the hose You all sound so upbeat about it and I'm sure you will have fun whatever happens.

Are you feeling more excited about your October holiday? Have your started a TR as that sounds amazing too.

Got to laugh - reminder just came up to book Candlelight Processional today... To think those were my planning worries a few months ago - now I just want to be able to enter a park!
Oh don't feel guilty about worrying about it all. We all have our moments. I think the main reason I'm not is I'm not really sure our trip will go ahead so getting a park reservation or not getting a reservation doesn't really matter for me. I'm pretty doubtful that all the stars will align to allow us to travel so it doesn't seem worth getting ,myself worked up for something that may not happen. I know that may sound odd as I only just paid the balance a couple of days ago.

Surely the DAS will still be a thing for families like yours I hope so anyway as the uncertainty and things being different to normal can really be hard for people with ASD. I'm lucky to not have that worry and the kids will go with the flow, if we go we go and if we don't we don't. If we go and can't get in the parks they will be happy with pool time as they always feel short changed on that score anyway

I haven't started a pre trip for Canada yet. I guess I didn't want to if I wasn't sure for certain it would go ahead. So I'll wait a bit for that.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh boy, so glad I checked in today!

I also thought that it was only 60 days ahead for park reservations. I thought I had weeks to plan!
I honestly don't know where I read that it was only 60 days in advance, but I can't find it now and it certainly seems that everyone with bookings and tickets to September next year can reserve their parks. I don't have a reservation for next year yet, that will have to wait for a while. I hope you get the parks you want each day.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Wow, this Disney park reservation is taking planning to a whole new level even for Disney. We haven’t even decided if we want to go to Disney next year but it might be out of our hands by the time we come to book something.

I was loving your theory of it being a bit like fast passes and dependant on your resort dates when you could book the parks, that would make much more sense than booking everything now till September 2021 - you should pack in teaching and be a Disney advisor 😂

I’m glad things are going well at school. I was in 3 days this week organising stuff, we have been told to enforce 2m distancing which means we can take in a 3rd but the Scottish government are also saying we should take in 50%, maybe they need to go back and do a maths course 😂 who knows maybe we will be down to 1m by August. I can’t believe we finish on Friday.

Kate’s idea of Disney at home sounds great. I’m so pleased you got to have your mum and dad round.

We should have been heading away next Sunday 😢 will just need to find other things to do. Our sunset on our beach was very holiday like last night so hopefully lots more of these.

What a fab photo, that's lovely

I'm not convinced 1m will be enough space either, maybe by the time you go back in August things will have changed again? It does seem that things are changing pretty fast now, whereas a month or so ago I was moaning that things were moving so slowly.

It does seem crazy to me that Disney are getting people to select parks through to next September. We've not decided what we're going to do next year yet either and with this summer still feeling so uncertain I don't want to commit to anything else yet. That will have to be a though for another day.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Catching up with the many updates, and how they're impacting your holiday. I'm glad at least that you now have some info from Disney and have been able to accept the 35% discount along with the refund from your upgraded dining plan. As you say, this will cover your food costs at least, so that's something.

I hope it all goes well tomorrow (or Tuesday) or whenever you decide to log in to book your park days - I imagine it could be chaos. I think it's a good idea to stick with the plan you have as much as you can, and book your park days around that.

So pleased for you that you've managed to get back into school for a few days and see some of the kids. It must be a little strange, but I guess better than nothing?

I love that Kate and your mum have been busy planning a virtual Disney holiday for you at home, in case you don't manage to get away. I bet your Mum would love soaking you all with the hose . Isn't it lovely that we can now spend a bit more time with friends and family? We had a BBQ in my sister's garden on Friday night, and yesterday we spent the afternoon with Neil's parents in their garden - the first time we had seen them since February! Thank goodness for nice weather the past few days, although it's cloudy here today.

Keep the updates coming Abby - I need to read about a holiday that might still happen now that both of mine are cancelled
I'm sure I won't be able to resist having a sneaky look tomorrow afternoon but I'm not worried about it. I am curious about the system though and how it will work. I can't believe the website will cope with everyone logging on at the same time.

Mum did quite like the idea of giving us a soaking. It was so nice to spend the evening with them we really enjoyed it. I think we've all been craving that and I really hope we're all able to see our families and they relax the rules further on going into each others houses. Have you been able to see your girls yet? We couldn't celebrate Dad's 70th birthday in April and it's mum's in July so I'm really hoping we get the chance to have a party with my brothers and their families too as she would really love that. I'm keeping everything crossed.

We saw Dave's parents today, we haven't seen them since Mothers Day when we dropped off some flowers and waved through the window as his mum has to shield due to her medical conditions. But we had a cup of tea in the garden with them and it was lovely.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sure I won't be able to resist having a sneaky look tomorrow afternoon but I'm not worried about it. I am curious about the system though and how it will work. I can't believe the website will cope with everyone logging on at the same time.

Mum did quite like the idea of giving us a soaking. It was so nice to spend the evening with them we really enjoyed it. I think we've all been craving that and I really hope we're all able to see our families and they relax the rules further on going into each others houses. Have you been able to see your girls yet? We couldn't celebrate Dad's 70th birthday in April and it's mum's in July so I'm really hoping we get the chance to have a party with my brothers and their families too as she would really love that. I'm keeping everything crossed.

We saw Dave's parents today, we haven't seen them since Mothers Day when we dropped off some flowers and waved through the window as his mum has to shield due to her medical conditions. But we had a cup of tea in the garden with them and it was lovely.
I know that I would be curious about the system too if I was in a position to use it. Good luck! I do understand why you're not excited to get booking now - there are still so many uncertainties surrounding your holiday. It must be such an emotional roller coaster not knowing whether you're going or not, especially in light of the new restrictions.

I do hope things are relaxed enough for you to have a birthday party for your Mum and Dad in July, especially because it's such a landmark birthday for them. We've all missed out on so much this year - it really has been a fabulous weekend for us catching up with family and I know you will feel the same. I'm sure Dave's parents were delighted to see you for a while.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the girls yet. They live almost 200 miles away from us, in Edinburgh, and we're really not meant to travel more than 5 miles for leisure in Scotland at the moment. Not sure I should admit it, but Neil's parents are about 20 miles away so we broke the rules visiting them but it was his Mum's birthday on Friday and of course Father's Day today and we were in our own car the whole time until we reached their garden where we sat 2 metres apart. (I do know that no amount of justification makes it ok). However, 200 miles is probably pushing the rules a touch too far! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can see them in Phase 3.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I know that I would be curious about the system too if I was in a position to use it. Good luck! I do understand why you're not excited to get booking now - there are still so many uncertainties surrounding your holiday. It must be such an emotional roller coaster not knowing whether you're going or not, especially in light of the new restrictions.

I do hope things are relaxed enough for you to have a birthday party for your Mum and Dad in July, especially because it's such a landmark birthday for them. We've all missed out on so much this year - it really has been a fabulous weekend for us catching up with family and I know you will feel the same. I'm sure Dave's parents were delighted to see you for a while.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the girls yet. They live almost 200 miles away from us, in Edinburgh, and we're really not meant to travel more than 5 miles for leisure in Scotland at the moment. Not sure I should admit it, but Neil's parents are about 20 miles away so we broke the rules visiting them but it was his Mum's birthday on Friday and of course Father's Day today and we were in our own car the whole time until we reached their garden where we sat 2 metres apart. (I do know that no amount of justification makes it ok). However, 200 miles is probably pushing the rules a touch too far! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can see them in Phase 3.
Oh of course, I forget that we have different rules about how far we can travel. 200 miles is probably pushing it a bit. I won't tell about the tiny trip to Neil's parents. We've all had to get used to such a lot over the last few months and so getting to see family again for an afternoon and just have a cup of tea together feels like such a luxury. I'll also keep everything crossed that you're allowed to travel 200 miles in phase 3.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Hands Up - Who knew I wouldn't be able to resist looking?

Ha ha of course I logged on at noon. Temptation got the better of me.

And at first I got this wait screen.

And then I got this countdown screen that seemed to be on a bizarre loop of counting down to zero and then re setting itself.

And then I had some lunch and read about other dibbers woes. While I felt oddly calm and zen like about it all. Probably because the borders aren't actually open so who knows if we will actually travel.

And then all of a sudden I got a pop up asking me to login and I was there. I got the select your party screen so I clicked on Dave and the kids.

Next up is the select your dates screen.

Then the select the park screen, no water parks in the list for me.

Then the timing screen is just one option...its the park hours so that's all fine as I wondered if it meant an arrival time, but no just the hours the park is open.

Then you confirm you've read the terms and conditions and you're done. You can select a park for another day or view it all in your plans.

Here are some of mine.

After logging in its actually pretty straightforward. I've booked up 18 days spread out with some rest days.

I hope the photos are helpful to you guys and I really hope you've been able to login and select the parks you wanted. Please tell me it went ok for you guys too.

On a side note. Caribbean Beach is not opening until 4 days after we are supposed to arrive so goodness knows what's happening with that? It is still showing in MDE though so I'll just wait for them to get in touch at some point.

Old 22 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad you got your parks booked - seems like a lot are still trying. Re your hotel on the announcement I saw it said if your hotel is affected and you need assistance modifying your booking to call. I can imagine how hard it would be to get through to them at this moment! What a lot of stress and hassle this whole thing is. I can understand the worries about needing to limit and control numbers but the organisation and communication has been very poor from Disney.

Edited at 02:31 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great you got your Parks booked just in case!

My CBR fb group had a list of all the resort opening dates late last night and I wondered what would happen as they said 29th July for us...I know it’s not an us anymore but I still feel like it was going to be There was no dates up for All Stars so that means there would have been no where to stay on the first night either
Apparently Disney will get in contact so I’m sure you will know soon enough! If it’s not one thing it’s another... pass the cocktails
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List