Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Racnoss View Post
Be patient, no need to call. On our May cancellation they email you automatically to confirm the refund and in account 3 days later. They emailed us about 2 days after cancellation, so no need to waste time calling them :-) life is too short! :-)
Did you have a flight only booking or a package such as a fly drive - packages have been refunded automatically but not flight only.

The phone lines are busy as BA have cancelled a lot of winter services in the last few days.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Managed to get through via their online chat and got the refund sorted within 10 mins! So glad I gave up on calling them 😂

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Racnoss
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did you have a flight only booking or a package such as a fly drive - packages have been refunded automatically but not flight only.

The phone lines are busy as BA have cancelled a lot of winter services in the last few days.
Hi, yes we did have a fly drive
Racnoss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Email today saying flight cancelled for the 22nd of September, will start chasing refund tomorrow, that was LGW to Orlando
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My flight home to the UK has been cancelled (8th September) so i'm stuck here I have re-booked for 8th January, which was cancelled a day later and then re-booked for 9th January. I was MCO-LGW now MCO-LHR. Fingers crossed because i'm desperate to see the kiddos
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Managed to get through via their online chat and got the refund sorted within 10 mins! So glad I gave up on calling them 😂
Where did you find their online chat? I can’t seem to see it on the website and I can’t get through on the phone!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dhoby
Earning More Ears

dhoby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For anyone trying to get a refund call 0800 123 111. It is the line for gold members but they only ask for your booking reference and it takes about 2 minutes to be answered as I have just done it.
dhoby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Where did you find their online chat? I can’t seem to see it on the website and I can’t get through on the phone!
Go through to this page on a mobile and then on the bottom right hand corner you’ll see a little bit box with a ‘start chat’ option. You’ll have to speak to a robot for a little bit before it gives you an option to speak to an agent, once you get through to a human then it should only take about 5-10 mins to sort it all out

Hope that helps!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
starwarsclark
Excited about Disney

Thank you for this tip - I have just been through this with BA via their online chat and the refund has been processed, including seat reservations and Avios points. Finally now all sorted. Let's hope everything is all OK for 2022.

BA were fantastic in all if this.

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Go through to this page on a mobile and then on the bottom right hand corner you’ll see a little bit box with a ‘start chat’ option. You’ll have to speak to a robot for a little bit before it gives you an option to speak to an agent, once you get through to a human then it should only take about 5-10 mins to sort it all out

Hope that helps!
starwarsclark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Is anyone else on the 16th September flight LGW to MCO? Or 26th MCO to LGW? I see flights being cancelled either side of ours but haven’t heard anything yet. We won’t be going but are hoping it will be cancelled so we can get a refund .