Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Just had my balance due email for upcoming October trip. What’s my options. Can I ask for a refund or rebook for 2021. We could of had a refund in June but hedged our bets on the USA opening up if Covid clear. Obviously that’s unlikely. Has anyone else followed this route and which option did you choose.
I thought Disney sent out the choice as to whether to keep the booking, rebook for 2021, or get a full refund back in June? That's when you were supposed to make the choice.

It did say that those who didn't make any choice would have their booking cancelled. I assume you told Disney you wanted to keep the booking at that time?

Your choices now are as normal. You can cancel and you may lose the deposit (I suspect Disney may refund this, but technically they don't have to). You can rebook for another time, in effect cancelling the current booking and making a new booking and using the deposit towards that new booking. Or keep the booking as it is and pay the balance, although do be aware that currently UK guests are not allowed into the USA at the moment and this may continue into October.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
At this stage, however unlikely we all know it is,you can in theory still go - I think it's 30 days for FCO advice, & of course WDW is open
At the moment, in theory they can't go. UK visitors are not allowed into the USA at the moment and there has been no indication when this will change. So it has to be assumed the ban will last until October.

However, the OP is talking about a hotel booking with Disney, not flights. They may not be able to fly to, and enter, the USA but that's separate to a hotel booking. The hotel is now open (I assume) and therefore the OP would have to cancel the booking rather than it being cancelled by Disney. That changes the legal position with regards to getting the deposit back.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Personally I would get a refund and rebook next year nearer the time. You might not get the deposit refunded at this point but hopefully will.
Yeah, that would be my choice. And, in fact, it was exactly what I did. I cancelled our holiday at the very end of August and will rebook sometime in the future when things start to look a little more 'normal'.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We are due to go at the end of November, and Disney have indicated that we can cancel or rebook up to the end of 2020 without financial penalty. However, what is making me hesitant to cancel is that the flights (with Virgin Atlantic) are paid for, and I'm worried I will lose £1500. Disney Holidays UK balance not due for another 6 weeks. I hate all this uncertainty!
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We are due to go at the end of November, and Disney have indicated that we can cancel or rebook up to the end of 2020 without financial penalty. However, what is making me hesitant to cancel is that the flights (with Virgin Atlantic) are paid for, and I'm worried I will lose £1500. Disney Holidays UK balance not due for another 6 weeks. I hate all this uncertainty!
I hate uncertainty too.
I am well aware it’s an extreme situation-but I truly don’t believe virgin will be flying in October.
I just wish they would officially cancel their flights.

We are still awaiting refund from cancelled flight in March & looking likely to be adding further refunds on top of this

I *hope* Disney are understanding and we don’t lose more money-but I really don’t know.
Thus further uncertainty.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List