Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Jul 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
StevenC1872
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
We did boggy creek airboats. We blummin well broke down in the middle of the lake so they sent a replacement boat out. You should have seen us transferring over. You could see the gators popping their heads up thinking they were gonna get a sneaky snack or two. We loved it.
I Remember seeing a gator looking up at me on the boat. Near had a heart attack.

Quite a small one luckily 😂
StevenC1872 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JSE
First POST

The thing with Gatorland, is it's a great example of an American roadside attraction. BUT it is incredibly expensive for what it is... Last time I think I paid $70 for two of us and probably saw just as many gators driving out to the space centre.

Can't comment on the airboats - every time I try and go on one there seems to be a weather related issue!

Some of my best days in Florida have been away from attractions. I could while away hours wandering around Celebration, Lake Kissimmee, Disney's Wilderness Preserve...
JSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We love Gatorland - we go every time we are in Florida. It’s grown quite a bit in recent years, but it’s still a roadside attraction type thing. We love the corniness of it - with the wranglers/employees taking different roles in the attractions.

We also did the screaming gator wire/zip lines. They were so much fun, especially when the heavens opened just before the last zip. The race was even more intense!

Boggy Creek is also a fun, chilled couple of hours, though we have skipped it on occasion.

Oh, never (ever) pay full price for either attraction. I think the screaming gator was a Florida Groupon, and Boggy Creek were either complimentary or very cheap - booked over here.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've done Boggy Creek in the past, on the larger airboats and enjoyed them immensely, however a few years back we tried Spirit of the swamp, and oh my what a difference. We are a family of 5 adults, so having a smaller (6 seat) airboat and captain to yourself is so much better. It is more expensive, but the captains will pretty much do whatever you ask. We usually ask for a tour down the backwater area, it's like a little river, and a nice slow cruise down there is lovely. We've seen (probably hundreds) of gators over the years, so we just love a good high speed ride across the lake to the backwater area, and then a nice ride back. Times vary, and I would recommend going for as long as you can afford, as the time , as well as the scenery!, just flies by.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Take a look at lake apopka wildlife drive. We love it !

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Love Gatorland - the chicken show is amazing. We have been 3 times and would go again. It is a half a day attraction but as long as you like gators, you will love it.

Airboats are great too - the boat is fun and you see some great wildlife. Worth doing.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
johnscone
Gone all Goofy

johnscone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We went to Wild Florida and the kids absolutely loved it. My little boy (age 2 at the time) preferred that day to the parks we didn't pay full price there was a good offer on groupon, can't remember the details but it was a really good deal.

We will be going back for sure, we all love the parks but it's also good to go to new places.
johnscone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gasp0de
VIP Dibber

Another vote for Spirit of the Swamp, very educational, learnt a lot about the flora and fauna. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
gasp0de is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List