Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Definitely A.
You can go into the likes of Pret, Costa, Starbucks, Caffè Nero etc & have not just coffees but also cold & hot sandwiches, salads, pastas, soup, pizza etc.
If I walked into a cafe or restaurant (possibly to eat some of the food items mentioned above), I wouldn’t expect to have to wait to find a table only after my food & drinks were ready).
I just wouldn’t order food or drinks if I didn’t already have a table.

Edited at 12:03 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm A as well.

I really hate wandering around trying to look for a seat if I'm holding a tray with cup(s) of coffee, feels like an accident waiting to happen for me!

And if no table was available, then I would either get my coffee as a takeaway or find another coffee place to go to!
Old 8 Nov 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

A for me
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The rules:

We're talking normal arrangements, not systems which have been brought in recently to accommodate social distancing etc.

I'm thinking of Starbucks/Costa or equivalent, not cafes or restaurants.
Yes, I did post on the other thread about going to a Costa recently - but I figure most places are being more obvious about their current arrangements. My question was what do you do in 'normal' times.

This thread is fascinating! It could become the 'what colour is this dress' of 2020...
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

For those of you saying A , can I ask a couple of questions please ?

If you enter the shop and there are ten in the queue , but you spy one unused table , do you go and get that table ?

If yes , are you doing that because you are assuming all those in the queue already have a table for their group , and hence no-one ahead of you will be in that situation you don’t want of getting your stuff and finding no free table ?

Or is it because ‘ you snooze you lose ‘ and hard luck in anyone in front of you who hasn’t taken a table ?

And alternatively if you walk in the shop and all tables are taken , do you just automatically go to the next coffee shop , or do you join the queue in the hope one becomes free ? Or does it depend on how ‘ over-full’ it seems , bearing in mind many people sat down making it appear full actually haven’t got their stuff yet ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post

If you enter the shop and there are ten in the queue , but you spy one unused table , do you go and get that table ?

If yes , are you doing that because you are assuming all those in the queue already have a table for their group , and hence no-one ahead of you will be in that situation you don’t want of getting your stuff and finding no free table ?

Or is it because ‘ you snooze you lose ‘ and hard luck in anyone in front of you who hasn’t taken a table ?

And alternatively if you walk in the shop and all tables are taken , do you just automatically go to the next coffee shop , or do you join the queue in the hope one becomes free ? Or does it depend on how ‘ over-full’ it seems , bearing in mind many people sat down making it appear full actually haven’t got their stuff yet ?
Yes one of us would go and sit down. I would assume that the 10 people either had a Seat, or were taking away. If I saw a single person with a coffee who clearly couldn’t have reserved a table in normal times I would offer for them to share ours.

Also, I would know that if I joined the queue, the table would likely be snapped up by people coming in the shop behind me.

If all the tables were full one would join the queue and one would hover. If no tables came up I’d get them takeaway. But if clearly rammed we’d likely just move on
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I gave my explanation in my reply. I hate being around lots of people so I need to find a table and settle myself. Not a you snooze situation but I need to do this. I don’t go to town a lot, we rarely eat out due to this. We haven’t due to this lockdown eaten out since January and my anxiety
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I worked it 😂 my friends in the London one now.. well when t bloody reopens!
Oh I loved it! I saw it twice, in London and Manchester. I loved how the scenery worked, so so clever. It’s one of those shows you could watch time and again and still see something new every time.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12

If I went into a coffee shop and there was say 10 or a large amount in the queue then it would be too busy for me if there was only one table free I would go somewhere else.

I wouldn’t use the term you snooze you lose , I wouldn’t think that way .
However if there are a few infront I would assume they had a table to go to. Ok I know that’s not the case for all of them but I can’t second guess so yes one of us would get a table.

I think each situation really has to be seen to be assessed.
There’s no “set in stone” rule for me as each situation is different . My answers were what I had experienced previously, can’t speak for lots of different scenarios without actually being on the situation.
Old 8 Nov 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Neither - Just dont over think it at all.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List