Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Do you managed to get a good sleep in the upper class beds
I've probably gone into full bed mode twice out of about thirty+ UC flights home - I prefer to recline fully and doze for a couple of hours watching the telly.

Both DD's sleep from takeoff to breakfast service most times. DW is somewhere in between.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We get some sleep, wouldn’t say it compared with a good nights sleep as it’s still rock hard & either too loud or you have to have ear plugs in.

I find the Virgin UC beds more comfortable (& flatter) than BA business.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely! If we’re on the later flight from MCO-MAN we often forego the meal service and put the bed down once the seatbelt signs are off. I sleep surprisingly well.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have a few drinks and the meal and then manage to sleep in bed mode for about four hours usually. I find that I do sleep better if coming from the west coast.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought Virgin were hoping to upgrade their clubhouse at Man due to the fact more VA Delta business obviously this has been put on hold but I believe work had already been started on it with possible opening May /June this year.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
I thought Virgin were hoping to upgrade their clubhouse at Man due to the fact more VA Delta business obviously this has been put on hold but I believe work had already been started on it with possible opening May /June this year.

I would imagine that it would open along with the new T2 (whenever that may be)
Old 8 Nov 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Virgin had no Clubhouse at MAN to upgrade. Upper Class passengers were invited to use the Escape Plus lounge (3rd party lounge). This was OK, but no Clubhouse.

In T2X (the new bit of T2 at MAN that has yet to open), there is a shiny new Clubhouse & V-Room waiting to open when T2X does. Only then will MAN Upper Class passengers get the full Virgin Clubhouse experience - after years of waiting! T2 at MAN is not expected to reopen until next year & as to T2X, that still has to have the proving trials done before it can open (these were delayed by the onset of Covid-19).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Virgin had no Clubhouse at MAN to upgrade. Upper Class passengers were invited to use the Escape Plus lounge (3rd party lounge). This was OK, but no Clubhouse.

In T2X (the new bit of T2 at MAN that has yet to open), there is a shiny new Clubhouse & V-Room waiting to open when T2X does. Only then will MAN Upper Class passengers get the full Virgin Clubhouse experience - after years of waiting! T2 at MAN is not expected to reopen until next year & as to T2X, that still has to have the proving trials done before it can open (these were delayed by the onset of Covid-19).
Fingers crossed for next year? Is there an expected opening date at all, assuming that we can fly again?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Fingers crossed for next year? Is there an expected opening date at all, assuming that we can fly again?
No one knows yet. It will be when enough flights are permitted to exceed T1 capacity.

They won't staff two terminals when they can manage with one.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

What's wrong with the lounge in Orlando and what's with the food vouchers
Hi Mike.
The lounge isn’t for us.( depending on time of day it can be busy and the snacks sometimes leave a lot to be desired)
We like to go into either outback or macaroni grill for tea before getting on the plane (always find the food on the plane going home not that great also )
The voucher per person is better for us, plus we can use the voucher against food in any place in the airport, last year it was $15 pp
(The vouchers can be asked for when checking in)

Edited at 01:34 PM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List