Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

eBay - item lost by royal mail

So I sent something 1st class on 30th October - I’ve had an email today from the buyer to say it hasn’t arrived - I’ve never had anything go missing before

Thankfully I kept the proof of postage certificate which I’ve sent them a photo of but does anyone know what will happen now ?

Will eBay side with them even though I have proof of postage !? We both have 100% feedback so I think they’re being genuine

Edited at 07:37 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

From my understanding you refund them and then you claim back from Royal Mail. You need to send signed for to have any protection.

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This happened to my dh in September. He called the post office, the local one that said the parcel had arrived up, happened to be the buyers nearest one. They opened an investigation.
Thankfully we didn’t hear from the buyer again (it said the parcel had been delivered but buyer said he hadn’t received it) therefore we think he ‘found it’ when he realised he wouldn’t be able to get a refund.
So if I was you, I would check eBays policies and it should tell you what steps to take.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Taken from Under eBay's Money Back Guarantee rules, sellers must take responsibility for missing items unless tracking information proves that the item was delivered correctly. If a seller does not refund a buyer when required, eBay will forcibly take the funds to resolve the situation.
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

There was a delay with deliveries on the 30th and the 1st I had 6 still waiting to be delivered 3 were delivered today so just waiting for the other 3 , I’d email buyer asking if they could wait a few more days I think it’s 14 working days before you can make a claim with Royal Mail
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you didn't send it tracked it's a lost cause with Ebay I'm afraid. They will say it's your responsibility to see it delivered and they will find for the buyer and make you refund. I had it happen to me once and now NOTHING gets posted without tracking so I can prove delivery
Don't bother trying to claim from Royal Mail, all they are required to refund is the postage not the value of the item
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Proof of postage means nothing in a eBay claim

For a seller to be successful you need proof of delivery so it’s always best to use a traceable method of postage .

How much was the parcel worth ? Unless insured to the correct value Royal Mail only refund up to certain amounts
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
This happened to my dh in September. He called the post office, the local one that said the parcel had arrived up, happened to be the buyers nearest one. They opened an investigation.
Thankfully we didn’t hear from the buyer again (it said the parcel had been delivered but buyer said he hadn’t received it) therefore we think he ‘found it’ when he realised he wouldn’t be able to get a refund.
So if I was you, I would check eBays policies and it should tell you what steps to take.
I chase someone and once the investigation was done it apparently had been delivered but thrown under a bush and no card was left. I emailed and apologetic to the seller but it wasn’t my fault.

Edited at 06:08 PM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I had this, luckily it was only a small price item, which is why I didn’t pay for tracking! I contacted Royal Mail, and after about a week they admitted liability and gave me 4x the postage paid back, in stamps but saves me buying any! I actually came out on top with that one as refunding was less than compensation. Buyer still gave me good rep and I told her to keep item if it ever showed up!
Old 13 Nov 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I will just say that my experience with royalmail is that they are taking a couple of weeks to deliver some items. Just yesterday i had something delivered which was mailed at the start of November.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List