Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How much!

I am looking to send a parcel over to the USA for my DS and DIL for when the baby arrives

3 bars of dairy milk
1 baby memories book
some awesome jackets and pram blanket by the awesome dibber Mrs Grumps and a couple of xmas babygros...

£45!

Thats via the post office - DHL was cheaper on weight until I put in the box size then it was only a fiver cheaper - and the box is full
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Not good news sadly.

However. What would it cost to send it 10 miles up the road via the Post Office? Maybe £5. Maybe a few quid more or less than that?

When you think of the distance involved to America and then within that Country what you have been quoted is not bad really.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
It cost me around £8 to send 250 PG Tips in an envelope to my son in the Netherlands.
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not good news sadly.

However. What would it cost to send it 10 miles up the road via the Post Office? Maybe £5. Maybe a few quid more or less than that?

When you think of the distance involved to America and then within that Country what you have been quoted is not bad really.
I guess if you look at it like that its "reasonable" value - i would have preferred it nearer £30!

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
It cost me around £8 to send 250 PG Tips in an envelope to my son in the Netherlands.
wow - i think id just take them over and make a weekend of it
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Sounds a lot, but when you look at it as Tom says, doesn’t seem so bad.

How are things between you and your son these days?
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

My sister sent a big baby gift box to her friend and it was £60. She said if her friend still lived close by she'd be spending so much more on gifts generally throughout the baby's early years so the postage isn't too bad if you see it that way xx
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

parcelcompare/internatio...SAAEgI2ZfD_BwE

Have you double checked with this link that there's not a cheaper option. I know when I've sold things on eBay for delivery in UK, some of the parcel services are cheaper than Royal Mail x
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have you tried UPS when I had to send paperwork to the US they were the cheapest by a good amount
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I am looking to send a parcel over to the USA for my DS and DIL for when the baby arrives

3 bars of dairy milk
1 baby memories book
some awesome jackets and pram blanket by the awesome dibber Mrs Grumps and a couple of xmas babygros...

£45!

Thats via the post office - DHL was cheaper on weight until I put in the box size then it was only a fiver cheaper - and the box is full
What was the weight? Anything over 2kg needs to be sent parcel force international. There are discount codes available.

Prices for international Royal Mail have increased due to COVID and less international flights and more expense.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Get a quote from parcels2go they compare all the main carriers.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List