Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Sounds a lot, but when you look at it as Tom says, doesn’t seem so bad.

How are things between you and your son these days?
I suppose it is a largish box

Well we do have limited communication - i do message about every 2 weeks with what is going on here - just a fairly short message on WhatsApp.

Sometimes I get a reply in a week or two and sometimes not.

I am now "allowed" to follow them on Instagram - I do comment on their photos and they will "like" my comments and get the occasional reply but unfortunately thats about it

They seem to be doing ok and i really don't think they even miss me/us

Thank you for asking
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
parcelcompare/internatio...SAAEgI2ZfD_BwE

Have you double checked with this link that there's not a cheaper option. I know when I've sold things on eBay for delivery in UK, some of the parcel services are cheaper than Royal Mail x

Thank you SOO much - i have now got it down to £35! Much better

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
Have you tried UPS when I had to send paperwork to the US they were the cheapest by a good amount
Thanks I used the above comparison site and it gave me UPS - when i went direct to UPS it upped the price as it was a large box

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
What was the weight? Anything over 2kg needs to be sent parcel force international. There are discount codes available.

Prices for international Royal Mail have increased due to COVID and less international flights and more expense.
That makes sense - its 2.6kg! I should have just eaten the chocolate

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Get a quote from parcels2go they compare all the main carriers.
I'll bookmark that for next time x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=katiec68;14723187]Thank you SOO much - i have now got it down to £35! Much better

Every little helps 😃. Must be so hard when things are how they are. Fair play to you for still making the effort, as think it would have been easy and understandable to stop a long time ago x
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

“Every little helps 😃. Must be so hard when things are how they are. Fair play to you for still making the effort, as think it would have been easy and understandable to stop a long time ago x”

This from Col41 ^^^

I’m glad things are a little bit better.
Keep on doing what you’re doing, and hopefully one day, they’ll realise that life’s too short.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP

Edited at 12:48 AM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MarBell
slightly serious Dibber

Have you tried "send my bag" they do parcels too, not sure on prices etc may be worth a look , they do parcels too.
MarBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post

wow - i think id just take them over and make a weekend of it
We was going to in April but Covid stopped that
Old 19 Nov 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
[QUOTE=COL41;14723200]
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Thank you SOO much - i have now got it down to £35! Much better

Every little helps 😃. Must be so hard when things are how they are. Fair play to you for still making the effort, as think it would have been easy and understandable to stop a long time ago x
Thank you for your lovely words - I am resigned to the fact that this will be about as good as it gets

I have to do my bit (as they say) but I don't know how it will be received.

They had a baby shower with card for "wishes for baby" which their friend sent us (we had met her at the wedding) and the card has the address on.

They have made a point of not giving us their new address so I don't know how well the parcel will go down
Old 19 Nov 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
“Every little helps 😃. Must be so hard when things are how they are. Fair play to you for still making the effort, as think it would have been easy and understandable to stop a long time ago x”

This from Col41 ^^^

I’m glad things are a little bit better.
Keep on doing what you’re doing, and hopefully one day, they’ll realise that life’s too short.
Hiya
Thank you

Yes that's all I can do - we are too far away to realistically make any dent in their lives or thinking so it is what it is.

I cant let it get to me as it would only be me and DH that would affect.

I know he speaks to my parents most weeks and that is difficult to handle
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

That is lovely though that their friend sent you the card with the address. To me that seems like the friend is trying to build some bridges? x
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

I recently used a parcel comparison site and sent about 4kg worth of clothes to a friend in the USA. UPS was cheapest, cost me around £23 and ... wait for it... it was delivered the NEXT DAY. My mind was blown when she sent me the photo!
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List