Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Major Sprout problem

I didn't realise that my wife ordered Brussel sprouts from Tesco so I ordered some last nght in bed and the delivery just arrived but in fact she ordered the spouts to the left and I ordered the sprouts to the right, but by the time I peel and cut the sprouts in the bag to the right there won't be any sprout left to eat!

Mind you there are only 8 sprouts in the bag to the left and that cost £1.25, so 15.625p a sprout is a bit pricey.

I'm fuming and my day is ruined, so I want to warn others to save them making the same mistake.

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Why is your day ruined? Sprouts for breakfast, sprouts for lunch and sprouts for tea. What is the to like?
Must admit yours look a bit poxy compared to Mrs MH’s
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The trick is not to peel them. I never do, just pick off any manky leaves. Buying peeled sprouts is like buying grated cheese you pay for your own laziness
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I saw a god awful thing online over weekend of Brussels sprout gin... Now I don't mind a sprout or three as long as they are boiked to within an inch of their lives and covered in gravy and any strong condiment accompaniment to mask the taste a bit, they arnt my go too veg of choice, but what abomination us sprout gin 🤢🤢🤢🤢
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I saw a god awful thing online over weekend of Brussels sprout gin... Now I don't mind a sprout or three as long as they are boiked to within an inch of their lives and covered in gravy and any strong condiment accompaniment to mask the taste a bit, they arnt my go too veg of choice, but what abomination us sprout gin 🤢🤢🤢🤢
Asda doing a sprout Christmas cake!
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Asda doing a sprout Christmas cake!
That's the kind of sprout I wouldn't struggle with, only struggle being stopping at one slice 😂😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Why are you buying them now? I thought people only ate those green balls of hell on Christmas Day! 🤢My face goes that colour when I eat them and I look like a Brussels sprout! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

MH, you never fail to sprout a good thread.

Disney332
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I only opened the thread to read who Major Sprout was. I wondered if he had been raising money by walking up and down his garden ………...
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I only opened the thread to read who Major Sprout was. I wondered if he had been raising money by walking up and down his garden ………...
Or to the toilet...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List