Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Recommendations please , please

Can anyone recommend a nice strong case for an i phone 12 for DS 15 ?
One that doesn’t obscure the branding too much .
I do t really want to buy an Apple one unless they are the most appropriate.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
In my opinion, Tech 21 are the best cases around. They make all sorts or claims for them and indeed I have dropped my iPhone on hard surfaces and it’s been fine.
They currently have a sale on, so act quickly.

uk.tech21/collections/pr...caAgCPEALw_wcB

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

my last few cases have all been SPIGEN. unless some other brand comes along and makes one this well built for half the price, i'll keep buying their cases...

they do various ones with differing protection/thickness. i go for the thinnest "armour" one available usually, but i take care of my phones, so very rarely drop them or anything... gf gets the level up from me for her phone

amazon/Spigen-Toug...nguag e=en_GB
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I had a tech21 clear one for my last phone and have just bought another tech 21 case for my updated new iPhone
Also got a tempered glass screensaver as well
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

My experience is with the iPhone X and 11 Pro but should be fairly similar for iPhone 12 cases.

The ones that don't obscure the branding too much are the clear cases, and these are some of the ones I've tried personally:
- Spigen - decent and fairly cheap. However I find it tends to get a bit oily with use (can clean with alcohol)
- Casetify - not too bad, lots of designs to choose from. Some of the case options have a nice protective bumper thing too. However one design I had peeled after a while. Also gets a bit oily with use on occasion. Downside is I had to order from their website and it took a while to actually get the case.
- Otterbox (I had a Disney one for my X) - oddly did not last as long as I expected, as the button areas on the side because loose and it became hard to press down on the buttons so I had to switch out from it.
- Apple clear case - less protective than the others, however seems to do a lot better with the oil/yellowing issue (mine feels less oily and doesn't seem to have gone as yellow as the rest).

Honestly after trying all of the above (plus a few others including the Apple silicone and leather cases) at various points over the last 3 years I'm now back to the Apple clear case...
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi I’ve had otter box in the past but my last 3 have been snugg , good fitting and have dropped phone several times. Nothing is completely safe but happy with snugg. Should say it covers branding
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Thanks so much for your reply’s DH and I need to have a good look but it’s difficult as DS has ears like a bat - lol and I really want it to a surprise.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

It really depends on your definition of a tough case. Tech 21 don't do armour level case, they are more just protective cases with the exception of the Evo Wallet (not one I could see a teen wanting).

Spigen go more into the armour space and keep the branding showing, and a bonus of a kick stand with the likes of amazon/Spigen-Toug.../dp/B08BGZHRX2

for some more choices look at mobilefun/apple/ip...es/tough-cases
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a clear silicone thing from Amazon (j-tech I think) that did alright, it was cheap and lasted a year or so, I have always had the tempered glass screen protectors on my iPhones (since I smashed a screen) so that helps a lot for ‘normal small drops’ (like out the car as I’m getting out and such)
Before I changed to my Xmas case, I had something with a silicone layer and a harder cover, they are a little more projecting, but obscure the branding (though beats me why that’s that important to a teen?)
(Like these - amazon/gp/aw/d/B08...1-cc370ad54c43)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List