Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 14, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
You can keep a clean house and spend lots of time with the family. I don't understand why people think you can't? I spend at least 3 hours with DS after school each evening, playing, going to the park, clubs etc and on weekend he goes to golf with DH (no room on golf buggy for mum) and I then get to play all Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I don't neglect my family just because I choose to keep a clean house. It's up to every individual to decide how they'll play their life, but I find it hard to swallow that people just assume because you keep the house neat and clean you must be choosing to neglect your children.
Oh thank god someone said it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
indeed!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
Amen!
Old 24 Jun 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I know a few people whose houses are immaculate, they also spend plenty of time with their children and to be honest I have no idea how they do it! I spend ages cleaning and tidying my house daily and within minutes of DS or DH being home, it is a mess again! I think I just have very messy males in my house! Oh my big, moulting all year round dog doesn't help much either,
Old 24 Jun 14, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm neither domestic or a goddess! I am so jealous of the many planners in here, wish I could be the same!
Old 24 Jun 14, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Sorry, I am

I love getting my washing done, I love cooking and cleaning, also don't mind ironing and I an always up early and start doing jobs as soon as I get up. I hoover at least three times a day, thanks to my constantly molting dog, but I would not have him any other way, Don't get me wrong it is not a compulsion, I just need to keep busy.

I don't like Kipling, but I love Disney, holidays and I am happiest when I am with my family and especially in Florida.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MEZZA View Post
Hi I'm mezza and I'm not a domestic goddess.

I clean the house wash and iron on a Monday and it's down hill from there will get DH and DD to put there stuff away on a Friday/ Saturday and if something looks particularly bad I will tidy / clean it. My mates know if they come round later in the week then they have to accept it as they find it. True friends don't come to see your house they come to see you.
We're the same except Saturday morning is when we blitz.
The house is not dirty but we just don't have time during the week. Lately I've been working until 2am and getting up at 6 (violins please!) so we're generally in chaos but it's organised chaos!
I would allow my very best friends in unannounced but anyone else could stay at the door unless it was Saturday after approximately 11am :-D

I could of course be cleaning now instead of looking at my phone...
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

See I thought this thread was a good antidote for those which have been prevalent on here over there last couple of weeks. A chance for those of us who feel judged for not bleaching our sink 6 times a day or whatever to wallow in our own filth so to speak. But now those who have been 'horrified' at our slovenliness are feeling judged for spending so much time cleaning. A lesson for all... Sometimes it is worth thinking how your opinions are viewed by others before posting don't you think?
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I'm definitely not a domestic goddess. I could line up a plethora of reasons (excuses ) including working 60 hour weeks, training for a marathon etc... But the basic fact is that I don't consider it that important. If I did, I would do it.

We all have different priorities.
Old 24 Jun 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by Tiggernut View Post
See I thought this thread was a good antidote for those which have been prevalent on here over there last couple of weeks. A chance for those of us who feel judged for not bleaching our sink 6 times a day or whatever to wallow in our own filth so to speak. But now those who have been 'horrified' at our slovenliness are feeling judged for spending so much time cleaning. A lesson for all... Sometimes it is worth thinking how your opinions are viewed by others before posting don't you think?
Exactly what happens when someone posts a thread then gets all upset when people put comments on that they don't like. I think the word is OPEN forum, free for us all to comment as we see fit.
I'm now going to polish the cat