Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 14, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went for early entrance yesterday. We arrived at the park around 6.30 am and went straight in with no queue. We walked round through Simpsons to the queue for Diagon Alley, which moved well but was already long at 6.45. I think it took about 2 hours in total to get on the ride and it was well worth it! once you get into the bank, after a while the queue comes back towards the door, you can get a ticket for re entry to the queue if you need to visit the restroom.
Old 12 Jul 14, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

We walked throug park gates at just after 7 yesterday and it ended up a 4 hour wait. Returned and rode again using the single rider entry at 6:40 and was just under 2 hours.

Both times there were announcements that the ride was now working normally but did not hear one stating it was down!

Rumours that they are only running 4 of the possible 10 cars (cant vouch for this)however even so the loading is slow, on both occasions cars were waiting whilst they filled the waiting areas to get on.

The ride is good but DA is brilliant!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
without a shadow of a doubt,queues to get in parks ok,as they appear to be opening well before 7am,though unsure what exact time? al I know is there is a regurlar patrol of folk from 4.30/5am past our room,but if ur still on a body clock of uk time, its a piuece of cake, they filter u by mib then u realize the problem,but its not until u physically stand outsde gringotts that u see the wait time, bondy.
Originally Posted by tiggersbestmate View Post
We went for early entrance yesterday. We arrived at the park around 6.30 am and went straight in with no queue. We walked round through Simpsons to the queue for Diagon Alley, which moved well but was already long at 6.45. I think it took about 2 hours in total to get on the ride and it was well worth it! once you get into the bank, after a while the queue comes back towards the door, you can get a ticket for re entry to the queue if you need to visit the restroom.
Originally Posted by mike_w View Post
We walked throug park gates at just after 7 yesterday and it ended up a 4 hour wait. Returned and rode again using the single rider entry at 6:40 and was just under 2 hours.

Both times there were announcements that the ride was now working normally but did not hear one stating it was down!

Rumours that they are only running 4 of the possible 10 cars (cant vouch for this)however even so the loading is slow, on both occasions cars were waiting whilst they filled the waiting areas to get on.

The ride is good but DA is brilliant!
Thanks guys, all useful info... will have to ask what time the gates open when we're there and make sure we're near the front... could do without a 2 hour wait to start the day off.

Thanks for taking precious time out of your hols to update us all... enjoy the rest of your time there
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

hoping that come dec all the masses would have calmed down, also do you know what the height requirement is for gringotts
Old 12 Jul 14, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Hi, just interested in whereabouts the queue started from if it was a 2hour wait, I read earlier from Bondy that once you get to the bank entrance it is around 60-90 minute wait. Did you find this as well?
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
My friend rode it today, she told me they were at the park entrance gates for 6am, let in at 6.30 and ridden Gringotts by 7:20am

I'm not looking forward to having to be up that early
Old 12 Jul 14, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

The lady that shared our car didn't get to ride, after the length of wait I felt for her.

She did shrug it off quite well considering, so just check you fit before taking the long wait.

Edited to add: the bar didn't come down far enough for them to let her go, I wouldn't say she was anywhere near the sizes you can see, probably more shape wise that caused the issue.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Bairn View Post
The lady that shared our car didn't get to ride, after the length of wait I felt for her.

She did shrug it off quite well considering, so just check you fit before taking the long wait.

Edited to add: the bar didn't come down far enough for them to let her go, I wouldn't say she was anywhere near the sizes you can see, probably more shape wise that caused the issue.
Oh dear poor woman, did they not have a seat outside to check?
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Just realised that the start of the queue is obviously long before the ride entrance, Doh!
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by harts View Post
Oh dear poor woman, did they not have a seat outside to check?
I presume there is one somewhere, as there usually is, however I didn't notice it though.

It is slightly weird shaped due to the shin guard configuration, so that probably didn't help.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread