Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Child’s pack lunch

My 3 year old is going school full time after Easter.

What do I put in her lunch box?
She is good with eating. She will eat everything bar raw onion so far.

Times have changed since I was at school having pack lunches and my eldest gets free school meals so never had to worry about it before.

Thanks
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tumpshies
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

A sandwich a peice of fruit and a youghurt you know what your child eats. schools and nurserys frown upon high sugar sandwich fillings and same goes for the yogurt. I just send in the dinner money and normaly my daughter goes for a cheese sandwich and the pudding if she likes it but she is able to have a peice of fruit and a yogurt with that meal
Tumpshies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

At that age mine took a wrap - chicken and salad in it usually, with a bit of cheese, a couple of crackers and some fruit and/or carrot sticks.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

I think most schools have guidelines now, no nuts or chocolate nut spread because of allergy’s.
Do you mean full time nursery? If she goes school she will be entitled to a free school meal (universal meal) until key stage 2.
I used to give Dd a sandwich or dunkers, crisps (baked or cheddars) and a cereal bar. Sometimes I used to make a batch of homemade shortbread biscuits.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Most schools and nurseries will ask for no biscuits, crisps, sweets or fizzy drinks.
Pasta dishes, sandwiches, veg sticks and hummus plus yoghurt and fruit
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As above.
I'm a nursery manager and constantly send out reminders about healthy lunches.
But it's also portion size.
I've seen preschoolers with bigger lunches than mine!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
I think most schools have guidelines now, no nuts or chocolate nut spread because of allergy’s.
Do you mean full time nursery? If she goes school she will be entitled to a free school meal (universal meal) until key stage 2.
I used to give Dd a sandwich or dunkers, crisps (baked or cheddars) and a cereal bar. Sometimes I used to make a batch of homemade shortbread biscuits.
Where is this ? My 3 have never had free school meals in KS1.

My son likes wraps with chicken and salad.
My daughter loves taking Jacob's crackers and cheese, I also by mini size wraps and mini pitta breads for her, a yogurt,piece of fruit and cocktail sausages
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Where is this ? My 3 have never had free school meals in KS1.
Since Sept 2014 all children in Reception, Y1 or Y2 have been entitled to a free school meal.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Luckily I only have to do packed lunch for holiday club but cereal bars (you get healthy ones without nuts) and ham, cheese pieces, wraps, apples, avocado, carrots, cheese muffins, crackers, rice cakes have all gone down well.
I have a child who needs calories so I hate the stupid blanket healthy food rules. She eats her hot meals well, but doesn’t like most things for packed lunches so flapjacks and crisps get calories into her.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My son refused point blank to have a school meal until Year 3 when they were no longer free! Kids!

He still has packed lunches most days and has a sandwich, fruit and yoghurt. Sometimes he’ll choose carrot sticks/sliced peppers/mini cucumbers instead of fruit. He’s very stuck though on only wanting 3 things in his lunch box. Think it’s do he can get outside quick to play!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List