Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Mar 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Proud to wear my Ears

Universal Hard Rock vs RPR

Booking one night at either of these Universal Hotels, purely for fast pass benefits. Price isn’t much different between the 2, are there any great differences between the 2 hotels?

Thanks 😃
jessica is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Hard Rock seems closer- very nice hotel I can recommend.
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We really like RPR for theming however we got a good deal on HRH for this year so I’m happy to try it. I’d normally just say go with what ever is cheaper but if they’re about the same price I would have a look at some photos or YouTube videos and decide from there.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

We have stayed at the RPR twice and the Hard Rock once. We are booked in for 2 nights this Sept and are going with my sister family who are first timers.
I always told her that if she was to go Florida they had to go to one of the 3 top hotels to get the express passes. We deliberated about which one to go to and thought that her older children would appreciate the Hard Rock, just for the name.
There is honestly not a lot between the two, both are within walking distance, with the Hard Rock having a slightly bigger room, but the bathrooms at the RPR wins hands down.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

RPR is a quiet haven compared to hard rock which is loud and brash
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Peeve stayed at RPR a few times and it’s lovely. We are trying HR this year based on a better price. I’m sure both will be great 🤞
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have stayed at both on several occasions and have a strong(ish) preference for the RPR.

I simply find the HRH a bit tacky, brash, loud and ‘Bransoney’ , even though he is in no way involved. I am not a rock star and harbour no illusions towards being one. It is marginally nearer to the park gates than RPR.

I find the RPR, well themed, pleasant and much quieter than HRH. I simply feel more relaxed.. and that is what I want as a break from the theme parks.

Whichever you select, if you are a family with children above, say 10 years, then I reccomend the club level upgrade if the price is sub £80 or so. With clever use, you more than get your money back in food and drink whilst there for the two full days and the night. It can cover breakfast, snacks, soda drinks etc during the day as you can carry out to the parks. It is also good for beer and wine plus snack in the evening. We love it.. and you get a marginally better room.

In summary, both are a great option and it is simply down to personal preference.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:21 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Proud to wear my Ears

I like the sound of club level, but at booking stage it’s coming out £110 more so maybe I can upgrade when I arrive?
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jessica
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for all the replies, we’ve gone for RPR 😊
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Thanks for all the replies, we’ve gone for RPR 😊
The way to look at Club is this.
Breakfast is basic, but included and close to your room. How much are 4 breakfasts going to cost in that area?

Lunch snacks are basic, crisps and stuff.

Evening is a snack such as pasta, but with free wine and beer.

My boys hoover up soda in a hot theme park.. we would take a couple of cans each at breakfast, lunch and evening, into the park. How much has that saved.

On top of this, the club lounge is a cool, spacious oasis and much preferable during the day to chilling in your room.

If wise, you get 2 full days of all of the above. Our only expenditure was one evening meal in Margaritaville. Not bad over a 2 day visit to the Universal empire.

Suddenly club level looks an absolute bargain, even at £110 (we paid £68).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List