Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 May 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cuttycrew
Earning More Ears

Cirque du Soleil refunds

I requested a refund from CdS for May 6th performance , I was surprised to receive an email back saying it was Disney I should be getting refund back from as CdS were just the performers not the suppliers even though on my bill it said Cirque du Soleil at no point any reference to Disney. Im hoping this isnt a trip round the houses/ chuckle brothers route towards a refund , time will tell and i will update how quickly it is sorted.
2019 Sapphire Falls
2020 FrenchQuarter/Nov Disney All Star Res
cuttycrew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I received an email from Cirque Du Soleil (not Disney) a couple weeks before my performance date persuading me to rebook but the email stated that if I don’t rebook, a refund would be issued within 30 days after my performance date.

I didn’t think you could book through Disney! When I booked I did it through the Cirque website
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I had my refund ages ago for my April 9th tickets. I emailed the address on my confirmation email and had a reply asking me to email some Vegas address which I did and then they refunded my money. Took a couple of weeks all together.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cuttycrew View Post
I requested a refund from CdS for May 6th performance , I was surprised to receive an email back saying it was Disney I should be getting refund back from as CdS were just the performers not the suppliers even though on my bill it said Cirque du Soleil at no point any reference to Disney. Im hoping this isnt a trip round the houses/ chuckle brothers route towards a refund , time will tell and i will update how quickly it is sorted.
Cirque du Soliel have been deplorable, I will never book one of their shows again and I have been to numerous in the past.

My performance was scheduled for the 21st April, I contacted them back in March for the first time and got an automated response. I contacted them again once my performance had passed, I have had the following responses.

1) refund will be automatically processed 30 days after performance
2) we are looking for an alternative venue in your city (not sure how thy would even know my city)
3) Disney ticketed the event and you need to contact them.

I did contact Disney, even though I knew very well that I paid Cirque not Disney. Disney confirmed it is nothing to do with them and I believe them.

I am going to wait until 30 days after my performance and then start chargeback / Section 75 claim. Unfortunately they are one of the awkward ones and this could be an extended battle.

Hats off to the person that managed to get a refund, they are being unbelievably slippery with me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Cirque du Soliel have been deplorable, I will never book one of their shows again and I have been to numerous in the past.

My performance was scheduled for the 21st April, I contacted them back in March for the first time and got an automated response. I contacted them again once my performance had passed, I have had the following responses.

2) we are looking for an alternative venue in your city (not sure how thy would even know my city)

I did contact Disney, even though I knew very well that I paid Cirque not Disney. Disney confirmed it is nothing to do with them and I believe them.

I am going to wait until 30 days after my performance and then start chargeback / Section 75 claim. Unfortunately they are one of the awkward ones and this could be an extended battle.

Hats off to the person that managed to get a refund, they are being unbelievably slippery with me.
Oh no! I’m not hopeful now!

I didn’t move the email they went confirming the refund out of my junk mail and it’s deleted, and mot moved into my trash so I don’t even have the original email to support my S75!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

You have only another 9 days to wait to see if they do pay you back within their timescale. I would wait the extra 9 days to see if they are as good as their work then start the claim
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I paid over £300 for 2 tickets for my son and his girlfriend for August - but it's looking very unlikely we will be going.

I just hope that the show is cancelled on the 5th August - because if it goes ahead, and we can't go because we can't get to Florida where do we stand?
Old 12 May 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
I paid over £300 for 2 tickets for my son and his girlfriend for August - but it's looking very unlikely we will be going.

I just hope that the show is cancelled on the 5th August - because if it goes ahead, and we can't go because we can't get to Florida where do we stand?
I think in that case you would need to try travel insurance, I don’t think Cirque would be on the hook if the show goes ahead. However I doubt it will go ahead.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I am still hopeful of getting a refund, 30 days after the show date (6th May) so hopefully next month.
Old 12 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bristol43
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We had tickets for a preview show on the 25th March. I called them on the 18th March when I knew we would not be going and the show had been cancelled and was advised that a refund would be made within 30 days of the date of the show. I then had an email on the 27th confirming this. They refunded me 16th April.
Hopefully you will get your money refunded.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List