Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: If European countries established Air Bridges - would you go?
Yes I would - Straight Away 130 43.48%
No I would not 57 19.06%
I might consider it but later in the year 112 37.46%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Yes, we’re hoping to have a week in the Canary Islands early August. Prices are great and we’re happy to go
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
me neither

for example person A arrives from Brazil in Portugal then gets in plane to the UK

how is that deemed safe but flying direct from Brazil to the UK isnt ?

unless im missing something
It would be a bit like how we can travel to the US now via a safe country not on the "not safe to travel from in last 14 days" list. You would only be allowed on the flight from Portugal if you have been in that country or possibly any other deemed safe country for 14 days or more. Some one from Brazil would have to quarantine in Portugal for 14 days prior to the the UK flight.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would be far more concerned at the likelihood of contracting Covid in the U.K., than I would the likelihood of contracting it abroad.

We are the leper’s with the high rate of contamination. It is the Europeans that have more reason to worry about us bringing it to them and therefore we should be grateful if we get anywhere at all. Many U.K. citizens seem to be debating whether they should be ‘bestowing’ their presence on the grateful Europeans. An impartial viewpoint may be that the citizens of the U.K. would be putting those Europeans at risk by travelling to their countries and should be prevented from so doing.

If the opportunity arises, then of course I would take it. Both my wife and I have had it with swab results to prove it. I have also had a positive antibody test. I am therefore confident that
1. I cannot get it again (most scientists would support this view).
2. I am not putting anybody else at risk.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I might if they install a travelator system, but I certainly wouldn't consider walking.
After having to stop reading certain threads as they are winding me up this provided me with a much needed laugh 😂 thank you
Old 19 Jun 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Are Portugal still having covid-19 spikes in new cases? ( briefing tonight)
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m not really sure what an air bridge is really !
I have looked at flights for Portugal for August which are fairly reasonable. The villa I booked for April at £490 is £2800 in August though so I think I will pass !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow that's a fair price jump for the villa. I'd be saying no thanks too!

I don't like the term air bridge for some reason, it's just a mutual agreement to allow travel between 2 countries without the need for quarantine. I'll add it to my mental list of annoying new terminology created during the pandemic.

I'm still hopeful for travel to spain early August. Not confident enough to book airport parking or anything yet but I did pick up a couple of travel games for the kids when I was food shopping this morning. It's a start I suppose :-)
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
It's a no for me. I would love to. But I have T1 diabetes and I don't want to take the risk. The plane would be pretty much full and not sure I want to fly whilst wearing a mask.
Old 26 Jun 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Cant goto a swimming pool in the UK but no problem hopping on a plane to spain to use one there

has this actually been thought through ?

rhetorical question ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Difficult to get on a plane without one, although sometimes they'll coach you to the aircraft.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List