Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: If European countries established Air Bridges - would you go?
Yes I would - Straight Away 130 43.48%
No I would not 57 19.06%
I might consider it but later in the year 112 37.46%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well we just booked Iberostar Anthelia with Jet 2. Price was too good to resist, £3300 all inclusive for 2 interconnecting rooms for a week In school hols for 4 with private transfers and 2 interconnecting rooms. Tui wanted 2k more- that hotel has never been so cheap (Widely regarded as one of the best all inclusive hotels in Spain). We even get Fastrack at airport, extra luggage and free drinks on the plane. Bargain.

When our US holiday was cancelled we had booked lodges in Cornwall and near Bournemouth on the edge of the New Forest. I’d already decided to cancel the Cornwall one and this petition locals have started about closing beaches in Bournemouth was the final straw.

Just hoping it comes off now.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
neelixm8
Proud to wear my Ears

Yes, 3 holidays already cancelled, I need to see something other than my house and garden. Hopefully Sardinia in October.
Old 29 Jun 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We’re booked to visit the Algarve end of Aug, staying in a villa. Fingers crossed albeit it looks like a Portugal is going to initially be classed as Red. However all 4 of us have had Covid. Do and myself never been so poorly but our 2 aged 17/20 had very mild symptoms.
Old 29 Jun 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Wow that's a fair price jump for the villa. I'd be saying no thanks too!

I don't like the term air bridge for some reason, it's just a mutual agreement to allow travel between 2 countries without the need for quarantine. I'll add it to my mental list of annoying new terminology created during the pandemic.

I'm still hopeful for travel to spain early August. Not confident enough to book airport parking or anything yet but I did pick up a couple of travel games for the kids when I was food shopping this morning. It's a start I suppose :-)
I think that or Air Corridors are perfect for what they are.
Old 29 Jun 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MarBell
slightly serious Dibber

Does anyone know when the FCO advice for non essential travel will be changed particularly for Spain?
Would booking flights before the advice changed be a risk and not covered by insurance?
MarBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarBell View Post
Does anyone know when the FCO advice for non essential travel will be changed particularly for Spain?
Would booking flights before the advice changed be a risk and not covered by insurance?
I’m an ITA. You will not be covered if the advice doesn’t change. However you would think that those countries classed as green will have a change if FCO advice.
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MarBell
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I’m an ITA. You will not be covered if the advice doesn’t change. However you would think that those countries classed as green will have a change if FCO advice.
Thank you, think I will hold off for a few days. Need to travel to sort out son's uni in Spain but not prepared to risk my money for the sake of a few days.
MarBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarBell View Post
Thank you, think I will hold off for a few days. Need to travel to sort out son's uni in Spain but not prepared to risk my money for the sake of a few days.
Green and Amber will have FCO advice removed.

In terms of insurance I’m not overly fussed in Spain as we have Euro Health cards. But my insurance covers health anyway.
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Hopefully we get the announcement we've been waiting for today. I know the advice can change at any time but fingers crossed it's positive news for those wanting to travel soon.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

There is a separate thread running which suggests this announcement has been deferred.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List