Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Sep 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyobsessed
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Weight gain from lockdown

Hello everyone
Hope I’m not the only one.

I’m now 20 stone.

Before Covid I was 18.6 so not exactly small.

I don’t know if this is through stress of home schooling or losing mojo but I don’t know how to change.

I eat when I am bored or sad or stressed. I also know that I binge eat. I don’t like breakfasts so don’t usually have them but all my health issues are getting worse cos of this but I don’t know how to stop.

I’ve tried not having it in the house but then always wants to have it.

I’ve tried ww and slimming world in the past and just wasted my money. Don’t want to go to gym with all these masks etc.

Enough moaning. Will be putting a plan in place this week. But have you put weight on over lockdown? What are your plans to get back on track?
Disneyobsessed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’m in a similar place. I’d lost a stone before lockdown on Second Nature which is low carb but I found it very hard work.

For the past few weeks I’ve been pratting about with Slimfast and pretending I’m cutting back but I’m just kidding myself.

I think I will have to bite the bullet and go to slimming world. I really don’t like the classes but I know from past experience it works if I stick to it and it’s easier to follow than the second nature / low carb I tried. ( which did also work)

Edited at 01:52 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The great thing is you know you want to do something about it. Have you spoken to your GP, maybe they together with the practice nurse could help you to assess your general health and set some goals.
I do find Slimming World the best but only if I go to the group. Maybe the group you went to wasn’t very good. A great consultant makes a big difference and you do have to want to do it.

I put on 16 lb during lockdown. Back at SW now. I know if I don’t go I soon slip back in to bad habits.

Good luck and don’t be hard on yourself. This has been an awful year for everyone.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I lost 3 stone between last October and March, on Second Nature. Then came lockdown and 2 of those came sneaking back. My own fault totally - lack of exercise, lots of takeaways, working from home meant getting sandwich/crisps/choccy bar lunch from the supermarket just to have somewhere to go.

I'm back on Second Nature now and trying to follow the principles properly. I know it works for me when I follow it.

I have also signed up to a step challenge called Steptember - the challenge is to do 300,000 steps in September, roughly 10,000 a day. This is really hard now with working from home. I used to rack up 7,000 just by going to the office, popping into the kitchen a few times and downstairs for lunch, and then going home. But these days even if I pop up the shops 3 times in a day, I still barely make 5,000 so I'm spending lots of time stepping up and down in front of the TV in the evening.

Second Nature is all online, no classes but you get a group (like a whatsapp group) and a mentor. The recipes are really tasty. You do need to do a fair bit of home cooking, but I have managed eating out in the past - ask for corn on the cob instead of chips, for example. You may be able to get referred on to the programme for free by your GP - this is available in some areas of the country.
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 01:29 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyobsessed View Post
Hello everyone
Hope I’m not the only one.

I’m now 20 stone.

Before Covid I was 18.6 so not exactly small.

I don’t know if this is through stress of home schooling or losing mojo but I don’t know how to change.

I eat when I am bored or sad or stressed. I also know that I binge eat. I don’t like breakfasts so don’t usually have them but all my health issues are getting worse cos of this but I don’t know how to stop.

I’ve tried not having it in the house but then always wants to have it.

I’ve tried ww and slimming world in the past and just wasted my money. Don’t want to go to gym with all these masks etc.

Enough moaning. Will be putting a plan in place this week. But have you put weight on over lockdown? What are your plans to get back on track?
If you don't like breakfast have you considered doing 16/8? I was doing really well on this (and it's very good for you as it gives your body a chance to heal itself) but I've got into the habit of breakfast now.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm in the Slimming World camp, works for me.
Groups are mostly up and running now rather than online. My group has a 30 person limited time slot, pre registered but 3 or 4 groups on a Thu evening. Prefer it now as it only lasts abt 45mins instead of 2 hours and you still get lots of help and inspiration!

You seem to have identified certain areas where you fall down. Making adjustments like keeping busy/occupied when you feel like eating through boredom will help.

Try and keep focused and make a weekly meal/food shopping plan should help if you stick to it. Set small targets and treat yourself (nonfood or drink) to something nice when you achieve your mini goal.

Hope you find something that works for you. It's never easy but if you give in, then it'll only get worse.

Good luck
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You certainly won't be alone.

I'm pretty active compared to many people, I think - I run every single day (averaging nearly 50 miles a week) and also take the dog on multiple walks, some quite long, each day.

Each day on average I rack up around 21,000 steps.

Despite this, my weight has gradually crept up over the last six months - not by much, but I'm about 7lbs heavier than what I was at the start of lockdown. I know why - I've been eating like an absolute pig with an (un)healthy serving of wine and cider on the side.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because life will feel kinda normal again - my partner will be back to work and my son will be back at school. This will be my trigger to get myself back on track again.

I really don't know much about the various slimming schemes and clubs that are around, but it comes down to finding something that works for you, whatever that is, and stick with it.

When I was injured and had piled on the weight a bit and got to the "I need to sort this out" stage, I used the MyFitnessPal app to monitor my intake. This meant no food was "bad" or out of bounds- it simply meant that if I had a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar, I had to be careful with my other choices that day to keep to my calorie target.

Good luck!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Yet again some great support and advice from DIBB.
OP, you are so not alone in your position - I could have written that myself.
I’m off to research second nature 😊
Princesses 3 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

45 minute slimming world sounds much better. How does that work with getting weighed? Last time I went it took nearly that long just to get started!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Through great advice from the dibbers I downloaded the my fitness pal app and just counted calories.

I'm working from home and sit all day and noticed my weight was going slowly up each week.

I've been doing it since April and I was 10st 12 and now I'm 9st 7.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List