Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I've lost 12kg since September, aiming for 18kg by Xmas.

Come Christmas it will be unleash the hounds time, nothing will be off limits.

Will go wild for a few days then get bored of it and return to a normal eating pattern and only drink at the weekend. Expect to put on a few Kg but that will be gone by the end of January easily.
Wow, well done, that’s a great achievement.
I desperately need to loose weight but I’m just so weak when it comes to saying no and I’ve always got an excuse as to why this week is not the week!
How did you manage, if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Wow, well done, that’s a great achievement.
I desperately need to loose weight but I’m just so weak when it comes to saying no and I’ve always got an excuse as to why this week is not the week!
How did you manage, if you don’t mind me asking?
I have followed the Fast 800 Mediterranean Diet. Not strictly to the 800 cals a day, closer to 1000 - 1200 a day. Cut out all simple carbs, so no pasta, no bread, no rice, no sugar, no alcohol and no potatoes.

I have done it with my wife which makes it much much easier as you can both plan meals together for the week.

I don't eat after 6pm, have three meals a day.

Breakfast is usually scrambled eggs, porridge or blueberry pancakes with greek yogurt (usually 200 to 300 cals)
Lunch is soup or salad type affair (again 200 to 300 cals)
Dinner is a nice balance of quality protein, fats and leafy veg. Tonight we are having smoked haddock, curly kale, poached egg and creme fraiche. (400 to 600 cals)

Haven't felt hungry at all, it's been quite easy. We have the Fast 800 book, the 800 recipe book and the 8 week low blood sugar diet book.

All the meals are things we would normally eat, just replacing some the 'bad' carbs with 'good' ones. Eg cauliflower rice has been a real surprise. Having fajitas using lettuce leaves as wraps instead of tortilla, same with pulled pork in lettuce leaves instead of a bun.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have followed the Fast 800 Mediterranean Diet. Not strictly to the 800 cals a day, closer to 1000 - 1200 a day. Cut out all simple carbs, so no pasta, no bread, no rice, no sugar, no alcohol and no potatoes.

I have done it with my wife which makes it much much easier as you can both plan meals together for the week.

I don't eat after 6pm, have three meals a day.

Breakfast is usually scrambled eggs, porridge or blueberry pancakes with greek yogurt (usually 200 to 300 cals)
Lunch is soup or salad type affair (again 200 to 300 cals)
Dinner is a nice balance of quality protein, fats and leafy veg. Tonight we are having smoked haddock, curly kale, poached egg and creme fraiche. (400 to 600 cals)

Haven't felt hungry at all, it's been quite easy. We have the Fast 800 book, the 800 recipe book and the 8 week low blood sugar diet book.

All the meals are things we would normally eat, just replacing some the 'bad' carbs with 'good' ones. Eg cauliflower rice has been a real surprise. Having fajitas using lettuce leaves as wraps instead of tortilla, same with pulled pork in lettuce leaves instead of a bun.
That sounds great, thanks for the info. I think I will need to sign up DH to give it a go, we are both desperately needing to shift weight!
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I've deliberately not bought all the 'extras' as I don't want to put on the extra weight.
Family will have their chocs/sweets etc in their stockings and I'll not eat them.
I have bought 1 small box of chocolate biscuits (traditional), 1 box of Maltesers, 1 Ritter Winter Spice (for me), a chocolate orange, 1 box 6 mince pies and 1 tube of pringles to share but I'll try to limit my intake.

Simply put if I don't buy it I can't eat it. No point going over the top.

Btw, its not just food that has the calories, its the alcohol too that you have to watch, particularly mulled wine!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
I've deliberately not bought all the 'extras' as I don't want to put on the extra weight.
Family will have their chocs/sweets etc in their stockings and I'll not eat them.
I have bought 1 small box of chocolate biscuits (traditional), 1 box of Maltesers, 1 Ritter Winter Spice (for me), a chocolate orange, 1 box 6 mince pies and 1 tube of pringles to share but I'll try to limit my intake.

Simply put if I don't buy it I can't eat it. No point going over the top.

Btw, its not just food that has the calories, its the alcohol too that you have to watch, particularly mulled wine!
That's Xmas Eve sorted, what are you eating on the other days!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

i am so worried about this too. i started slimming world 13 weeks ago and have lost 2 1/2 stone so far, would love to get to 3 stone loss b y christmas.

I'm going to aim to be reasonably good over the festive period. going to cook with no oil, starters (normally prawn cocktail with heaps of home made bread) will be low fat, and the mince pies i'm going to make some, so will control the sugar / fat content.

well... i will try anyway! hahahahaha
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

That's Xmas Eve sorted, what are you eating on the other days!
😁
I go to Slimming World, so planning to be 'on plan' before Christmas Day/Boxing Day. Christmas dinner will be just like a normal Sunday roast, I always have my roasted veg done separately. Then I can have a few treats, but will be back 'on plan' on 27th. I'm lucky I don't drink much alcohol either.
Last year I put on 7lbs over Christmas and really struggled to lose it this year. Last week I finally got back into Target, been hard work! I'm pleased to have still lost 4st 8lbs since doing SW in 2017.
Need to stay strong 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t really drink so I do get away with it a bit there! I’ll have a couple over the Christmas period.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I don't really gain over Christmas but I think that's down to two things - being off for a fortnight leads me to sleep through breakfast (skipping a meal) and it's so cold that I feel the shivering helps to burn extra calories.

In all seriousness, don't stress about weight gain too much - this has been a helluva year and there's been little joy. Also come 2021 (when we're allowed out) we'll be sprinting everywhere in excitement showing off our vaccination scars so that'll burn at least 32434lbs.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

That’s what January is for isn’t it? 🤔
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List