Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Miles
Proud to wear my Ears

Whats your best tip?

Hi all

What would be the one best tip you would give someone who hasn't been for a few years?

Could be:-
Something to do?
Somewhere to visit?
Somewhere to eat?
Hotel New York DLP 2005 Disneyland Hotel DLP 2006/ 2007 / 2009 Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista Feb 2008 Villa Windsor Palms Feb 2009 Villa Indian Creek Nov 2011 Villa Windsor Hills Dec 2013 Villa Cocoa Beach Dec 2015 Villa Reunion Aug 2017 Villa Windsor Hills Aug 2018 Hard Rock Hotel Aug 2019 Reunion Resort Aug 2021
Miles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

It really depends on the type of trip you are doing really and who you are going with!

Just a Disney trip? All the parks? No parks at all? Just Orlando? Venturing out?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Miles
Proud to wear my Ears

We are going to try and do everything we can (Parks, shopping, beach etc), so any tip would be great
Hotel New York DLP 2005 Disneyland Hotel DLP 2006/ 2007 / 2009 Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista Feb 2008 Villa Windsor Palms Feb 2009 Villa Indian Creek Nov 2011 Villa Windsor Hills Dec 2013 Villa Cocoa Beach Dec 2015 Villa Reunion Aug 2017 Villa Windsor Hills Aug 2018 Hard Rock Hotel Aug 2019 Reunion Resort Aug 2021
Miles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you are flying into MCO and they have re-introduced the pilot admin fee free trial by the time you go sign up to the Visitor Toll Pass.

No brainer even if you don't use many tolls as some are even cheaper than paying cash. I check the web site every day but it's still suspended.

Mick
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
We are going to try and do everything we can (Parks, shopping, beach etc), so any tip would be great
Hmm well depending on the amount of time you are going I would not recommend trying to fit in all of Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens etc in a 2 week trip. A 3 week trip maybe but 2 weeks that would be exhausting, especially if you want to make the most of the parks and include shopping/beach days.

I would either concentrate on just Disney World or scrap Disney World and just do Universal Studios, Busch Gardens and Sea World. That way it will give you days where you can chill by the pool, relax, go shopping, go to the beach.

Anyway, other tips. Regarding shopping I would recommend actually driving outside of Orlando (maybe stop off at a mall/outlet on the way to the beach). The outlets outside of Orlando I have found to be much much cheaper and less busy. There were outlets on the way to Sarasota called Ellington Outlets where Levis were Buy One get One Free, but in Orlando it was Buy Two, Get One Free.

Restaurants there are literally thousands to choose from, pretty much catering to all price points. You have the 'cheap' chain restaurants like Chilis, Applebees, Cracker Barrel, Ihop etc - I have had good/not so good experiences in all.
The restaurants at Disney Springs I have really enjoyed but obviously you will be paying more.

Edited at 01:37 PM.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Not sure this is a tip but it’s the one thing DH regrets... on our travel day home we went to Chicken Guy. Husband couldn’t finish a couple of the tenders and some chips as he was so full so he threw them away and about 2 hours later he started to regret it.

Two years since and he still says it’s a crime against humanity and when he goes back he will never disrespect Chicken Guy again 🙄
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
If your going to Universal Orlando Resort stay in one of the 3 resorts that offer express passes. 1 night will give you passes for the day you check in and the day you check out. Best tip ever I think.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Taralee
Trying for More Ears

Some fave things I am glad to have done:
Hire mouse boats (we had the little 2 person ones, great fun)
Cocktails at Trader Sam’s
Ate by the stage at Edison - fab entertainment
Watched the Free Daps at Disney springs - utterly brilliant
Rides at night- just a totally different vibe
The new Hagrids ride! ❤️
Milkshake at Toothsome 😋
Just everything is amazing really 😊
Have fun x
Taralee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Major tip from me if I had to choose 1, SKETCHERS Go Walks! Like having clouds on your feet and believe me, you will need it! 😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Rest when your tired!

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List