Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We are supposed to being going in October but I think it seems unlikely.
For the first time in my travelling life I am sad but not surprised .May look at December as we’re are fortunate we may be able to switch our leave ( me ) DH is SE although I WFH permanently I can’t work from outside the Uk .
So we maybe going back to Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’m surprised by how much it’s changed on here today!
Mostly we get a few people saying they don’t think it will happen anytime soon who then get shot down by the majority calling them negative
What’s changed?
Old 13 Jul 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Mostly we get a few people saying they don’t think it will happen anytime soon who then get shot down by the majority calling them negative
What’s changed?
The reality of CDC advising masks indoors again and the cancellations more than a month in advance I suppose.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
The reality of CDC advising masks indoors again and the cancellations more than a month in advance I suppose.
And reality setting in?

We were sold an irreversible releasing of lockdown but now they're going back on that. Maybe we're feeling a bit glum because of the football too?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
As far as I'm aware the CDC hasn't changed it's advice. The CDC has long advised that you should wear a mask in a public setting and when around other people and that hasn't changed.

However, I've seen something somewhere saying that the Mayor of Orange County is now changing their advice due to the rising number of cases in the area. They are now advising that all people should wear masks inside.

It is only advice though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As far as I'm aware the CDC hasn't changed it's advice. The CDC has long advised that you should wear a mask in a public setting and when around other people and that hasn't changed.

However, I've seen something somewhere saying that the Mayor of Orange County is now changing their advice due to the rising number of cases in the area. They are now advising that all people should wear masks inside.

It is only advice though.
Sorry yes, that's me typing whilst on a call
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
What’s changed?
I suppose there's only so many times that people can shoot down the negative ones before they realise that maybe those negative ones might be right.

I'm sort of pessimistic and even I've predicted the USA would open to UK visitors a few times in the past. And yet they still haven't opened and there's no real hint that they might open in the near future.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:45 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I suppose there's only so many times that people can shoot down the negative ones before they realise that maybe those negative ones might be right.

I'm sort of pessimistic and even I've predicted the USA would open to UK visitors a few times in the past. And yet they still haven't opened and there's no real hint that they might open in the near future.
There’s been shooting down on both sides going on! Those that were positive were referred to as delusional amongst other things.

I’m not sure anyone really takes any joy out of being right on this one, do they? If they do then they probably need to re-evaluate a few things. But it’s that gleeful attitude to holiday cancellations that a lot of people have found quite antagonistic recently.

I have no idea when the borders will reopen. I chose to be on the optimistic side when we got out of the gates with an amazing vaccine rollout this year. Now I’m not sure how it’s going to play out. I just wish they’d be a bit more transparent about it so that families aren’t just hunting for scraps in the media. If we’re to believe the line that ‘we’re being guided by the science’ then tell people what parameters you’re looking at for the science to tell you it’s ‘safe’ to reopen the borders.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
There’s been shooting down on both sides going on! Those that were positive were referred to as delusional amongst other things.

I’m not sure anyone really takes any joy out of being right on this one, do they? If they do then they probably need to re-evaluate a few things. But it’s that gleeful attitude to holiday cancellations that a lot of people have found quite antagonistic recently.

I have no idea when the borders will reopen. I chose to be on the optimistic side when we got out of the gates with an amazing vaccine rollout this year. Now I’m not sure how it’s going to play out. I just wish they’d be a bit more transparent about it so that families aren’t just hunting for scraps in the media. If we’re to believe the line that ‘we’re being guided by the science’ then tell people what parameters you’re looking at for the science to tell you it’s ‘safe’ to reopen the borders.
Totally agree the not knowing is the issue . If people understand the reasoning then they will more understanding. I very much doubt that the Biden administration doesn’t have some kind of plan as to when they will open the borders. Even if it’s not until 2023! ( hopefully not )
If you believe what you read then Biden is coming under pressure to open up from the American Airlines etc.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
I know I feel no joy that the USA hasn't opened to UK visitors yet. And I don't even have a holiday booked. I want people to be able to have a holiday in Florida. It makes me happy to see other people happy on their holibobs.

The one thing I did point out at the beginning of the year was that we knew things were going to be uncertain and probably variable over this summer. Therefore, I hoped those who had booked holidays for this summer had made sure they were covered for any cancellations, they perhaps had alternative plans in place, and that they wouldn't be too disappointed if things didn't go as they hoped. I know when my holiday was cancelled last year it was a right pain to get refunds and the like. We've known since earlier this year that there was a fair chance that holidays to Florida might not happen this summer, therefore it shouldn't come as a huge shock if they don't happen.

What concerned me were those people (especially on Facebook) who seemed certain that the borders would open to us in May, or June, or 4th July (etc). They didn't seem to take onboard the possibility that there was a reasonable chance it might not happen and they were adamant they would be going. You have to feel sorry for those people.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:11 PM.