Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Sep 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures - Day 3 Sea Day

After my late night on the balcony, for some reason I did not sleep well overnight – I have no idea why, the bed was really comfy, I just really struggled to stay asleep! Because of this, I had a later start this morning and it was around 10 before I was up and dressed and heading out to Windjammers for breakfast.
The advantage to my later start was the lack of a queue – I went straight through, via the hand washing station, and was allocated a table close to the toast station – which also had no queue this morning!
I had come prepared today and had brought my rucksack ready for the day which I was able to leave at the table to prevent anyone else from stealing it
I had what was to become my usual breakfast, fruit, hot breakfast of bacon, sausage, hash brown and beans with some toast followed by a cinnamon roll – washed down with orange juice! The only plans I had for the day was the Disney quiz being held in the Music Hall on deck 3 and then I planned to spend some time in the pool and hot tub chilling with some cocktails!

Before I could do any of this though, I had to head to guest services as I had noticed there was a hold on my account and I couldn’t make any more reservations – I had bought some perfume and a new handbag on the first day, but other than that couldn’t see why there would be an issue, so I headed to deck 5 where the guest services desk was located and was very quickly at the front of the queue. It was entirely my error, I had registered a debit card on the account, but had used the wrong one in my haste so the card I had used didn’t have sufficient funds to cover the spending – they very quickly switched the payment card to the correct one and the hold was removed leaving me free to shop to my heart’s content!

I walked down the stairs to deck 4 to the café to pick up a Starbucks latte and then headed over to the Music Hall for the Disney quiz.

I am embarrassed to say I did terribly! It was a very good quiz with various different rounds, some significantly harder than others, but you really did need good Disney knowledge and also a good memory – I won’t lie and say it was all my memory that let me down, but it was 50/50 – I did know quite a few of the answers when they were given at the end!
I scored a miserable 41/69 – I also took a minute to think how the late Geoffa would have taken me to task on my failure – I’m positive he would have been looking down screaming the answers at me – but I think he would have approved of my cocktail choice which I ordered during the quiz – Ice Ice Baby – delicious!

After my miserable failure, I decided to head to the pool (I had my swimsuit on already under my dress) and headed to the Solarium – the adults only part of the pool deck with comfy loungers, a pool & a hot tub where I spent a very pleasant afternoon hopping in and out of the water and drinking cocktails – and enjoying the view!

I ordered a watermelon margarita which became a favourite and several more were consumed as the afternoon wore on!

After a hard afternoon lazing in the hot tub and drinking cocktails, I decided it was probably time to head to my stateroom to get ready for dinner – I was feeling peckish (I’d skipped lunch due to my late breakfast) so I picked up some cookies to take with me and ate them on my balcony watching the world go by.

I checked my app to see what I had planned for the evening – tonight’s show was to be Graffiti Classics in the theatre, so I needed to get a move on to eat before the show, so I quickly showered and changed, then headed down to the restaurant. Due to the issues earlier with my account, I hadn’t made a reservation, so joined the appropriate line and was quickly though and seated – at a table with a sea view! As a single you rarely get allocated these as they are tables for 4, but I certainly wasn’t complaining as I got to watch the sunset as I ate!

As usual, the waiter was over very quickly with my menu and took my drinks order – another Seabreeze cocktail tonight, we also brought over the bread basket and filled my water glass while I decided on my choices for tonight. I skipped a starter again and opted for fish & chips followed by a pavlova with my usual cappuccino.
My meal was served quickly – and was the first food disappointment of the trip – the fish and chips were lovely, but the pavlova was very disappointing I’m afraid to say, and most of it was left sadly.

To get over my disappointment, I ordered a mojito once I’d finished my coffee and on checking the time took it with me into the theatre to enjoy during the show.

I was quickly seated once I arrived at the theatre and I had about 10 minutes to go before the show started.

I had finished my mojito by now, so flagged down a passing waiter and ordered a gin and tonic – stressing to go light on the gin!
My drink arrived just as the show was about to start – perfect timing!
I loved this show (Graffiti Classics) – it was a very talented string quartet who had combined their musical skills with comedy and it worked really well.
Following the show, I headed to Boleros for another cocktail (Appletini) while I waited for my next show of the evening – Spectra – a musical extravaganza with lights and lasers held in Two70 on deck 5. This was due to start at 10, so having finished my drink, I ordered another gin and tonic to take with me and headed over. I was seated fairly quickly, but soon realised it wasn’t the best view as I had lamps blocking my view of the stage area – but there wasn’t anywhere else to move to.

The show started at 10, and I’ll be honest it wasn’t anywhere near as good as I was hoping it would be! It may well be the bad view put me in the wrong frame of mind, but I really wasn’t feeling it tonight sadly.
I headed back to my stateroom and made a cup of tea to take on the balcony and enjoyed a quiet 30 minutes just sitting and chilling before heading to bed around midnight ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Love a good appletini. Shame about the view for the second show but a good table for dinner.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Another great day with fabulous looking cocktails 🍹. Lovely ocean view for dinner. Shame about the dessert and second show though. Not too bad a score in the Disney quiz imho.
Old 2 Sep 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
All sounds wonderful bar the pavlova!
Old 2 Sep 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Good planning with the rucksack and the swimsuit! :-)

We walked out of a poor theatre show on a Cunard cruise once.(DH and I weren’t keen, but friends just couldn’t tolerate it,) It felt really rude and 20 years later I’ve not gotten over the shame.

Cocktails look lovely. X
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving the cocktail life!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for sharing your trip. Very good cocktail reviews, and your day sounds brilliant and so relaxing.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List