Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Anyone who is stuck in a contract with Three when they introduce this change, double check that you can't use the change as a reasoning for closing the contract down (no penalty) - I don't know if removing international roaming does / would count as one of the reasons but I know if there is a change to certain terms of your contract you have something like 14 or 30 days from the change to notify them you want to close down your contract due to the change in terms.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Anyone who is stuck in a contract with Three when they introduce this change, double check that you can't use the change as a reasoning for closing the contract down (no penalty) - I don't know if removing international roaming does / would count as one of the reasons but I know if there is a change to certain terms of your contract you have something like 14 or 30 days from the change to notify them you want to close down your contract due to the change in terms.
I thought you still had roaming included til the contract ends, so shouldn't be any penalty... hopefully...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Bye bye Three - been nice knowing you for longer than i can remember. Wont be renewing contract in December. Had a few trips and the easyjet upgrade with them on a couple of flights!
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I wonder if this will include ID Mobile (Three through Carphone warehouse)?
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It’s only affects those that take out/renew after 1st October, it won’t effect existing contracts.
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I wonder if this will include ID Mobile (Three through Carphone warehouse)?
ID mobile currently say they are keeping it. Whether that will change or not who knows, probably.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Nooo! Have been loyal to three for donkeys years due to being able to roam free abroad. I think they’ll lose a lot of custom now…
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Considering the importance of a good data signal for the new Disney Genie App and booking the likes of Rise of the Resistance this really is a blow. The WiFi in the Parks always seems poor as well.

Are there any sim cards on a pay as you go one can get in Florida?
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

No point in saying go elsewhere as all the companies either have or are going to increase roaming fees now were not included in European deals!

I don't know what people expected when they voted leave... off to get my tin hat 🤣
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
Considering the importance of a good data signal for the new Disney Genie App and booking the likes of Rise of the Resistance this really is a blow. The WiFi in the Parks always seems poor as well.

Are there any sim cards on a pay as you go one can get in Florida?
I had a very quick look and it looks like you can get a T-Mobile sim for 30 days unlimited data for $50 + $10 activation, obviously your phone needs to be unlocked. Another option is to renew your contract with three before the 1st October, or switch to id mobile (which at least for now still offer free roaming)

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
No point in saying go elsewhere as all the companies either have or are going to increase roaming fees now were not included in European deals!

I don't know what people expected when they voted leave... off to get my tin hat 🤣
Some of the other providers I can potentially understand, but three can’t be blamed on brexit as much as people keep saying it is. Three included there roaming plans well before the eu even considered making it a law, and include a number of countries outside of the EU (US obviously being one of them). If it was EU related then there would be no reason why countries outside the EU have also been scrapped.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I thought you still had roaming included til the contract ends, so shouldn't be any penalty... hopefully...
That's the case, you keep free roaming until your contract ends.

Note your contract doesn't end at the end of the 12 or 24 months you initially signed up for, it ends when either you or three upgrade or change your contract after this time period.

You can keep the contract running on a rolling month by month basis for ages after the initial period ends.

No need to sign a new contract unless you want a feature your current contract does not include or a new phone (which you could just buy outright and stick your SIM card into).

Eventually 3 will force your hand, but it takes ages, I had one of the first roaming contracts with 3, it was dirt cheap and had totally unlimited roaming in it (which they later changed to just 20gb but our contract did not have the - we retain the right to change this limit during your contract period bit of legalese) so we never upgraded - it took them 5 years from the expiry of the fixed period to finally force us to upgrade or leave.

I imagine with a change this big they will be a little "hotter" on the moving people onto new contracts - but it is in their interests not to jettison all customers at the same point in time
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List