Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I hope your dog is well enough to come home ASAP x
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Any update yet
I hope he’s ok & you can have him back home soon 💕
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve not long arrived home with him, I rang for an update this morning and as he had eaten and went to the toilet they were happy for him to come home.

He just in his bed sleeping bless him he seems worse than yesterday, I’m not sure if that’s just the medication he’s in making him sleepy?

He’s got antibiotics to take twice a day and painkillers to give him in the evening.

Unfortunately as his skin was ripped away from his body during the attack there may be complications. If that skin doesn’t knit back together then he’ll need another surgery to remove the dead skin.

He’s to go back on Monday evening to get the drains out then the following Monday to get his stitches out and they should know by then if the skin is dying or if it’s taken ok.

We’ve a long road ahead of us, but we’ll do everything in our power to make sure he has a full recovery.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
beth21
Excited about Disney

Poor little thing I’m sure with the care and love he’ll get from you he’ll be ok
beth21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Pleased to hear he is home, he mist be so scared. X his injuries aound very painful. X
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Glad he is home with you, poor little thing! 😢 . Really hope he makes a speedy recovery 🙏.

I have 2 Chihuahuas so i know how scary it can be with uncontrolled dogs! We have had 2 frightening situations, fortunately no serious damage done, but could so easily have been a different outcome!

Did you contact the dog warden about the dog that attacked him?
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

sounds so painful and uncomfortable poor wee soul, the law needs changing the way nothing can be done when dog on attack its not fair for them and us all the suffering.
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Glad he is home with you, poor little thing! 😢 . Really hope he makes a speedy recovery 🙏.

I have 2 Chihuahuas so i know how scary it can be with uncontrolled dogs! We have had 2 frightening situations, fortunately no serious damage done, but could so easily have been a different outcome!

Did you contact the dog warden about the dog that attacked him?
Thank you xx

I spoke to the dog warden yesterday and she was to come out to the house this morning to take a statement from myself and my husband, but when we realised my wee man wasn’t getting home from the vets yesterday she put it off as she wanted to see him.

She’s off next week so is coming out the week after that, and by then we’ll know if he needs more surgery or not so she has a full picture of what’s happening with him.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thank you xx

I spoke to the dog warden yesterday and she was to come out to the house this morning to take a statement from myself and my husband, but when we realised my wee man wasn’t getting home from the vets yesterday she put it off as she wanted to see him.

She’s off next week so is coming out the week after that, and by then we’ll know if he needs more surgery or not so she has a full picture of what’s happening with him.
I'm glad she is coming out, I know it's not your priority at the minute, (the health of your poor dog is), but it's important that no other dog goes through the same thing ☹.
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Any update on how your little dog is doing?
Hope things are healing well 🙏🙏🙏
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List